My mom likes Opeth.....?

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
:tickled: No joke!
I was just listening to To Rid The Disease off Damnation and i get a knock on the door and theres my mom....She said: "Thats lovely! what is that!?" I said it was Opeth and she of course has no idea who they are and i tell her the kind of music they usually play but on that record they play prog rock...she says "well damn...they are really talented..i really liked that..."

o_O Weirder things have happened.....

Reactions: Beth
Make them listen to Demon of the Fall...if she still likes it, then I'll call her "open minded" :p

Shes heard demon of the fall, and the rest of their material, shes borrowed my albums from time to time. She had to warm up to the vocals at first, but she admits to admiring the morbid beauty in the growls. :p

Open Minded.

Scourge of Malice said:
my mom loves damnation, i burned it for her.. she likes the other mellow stuff shes heard me playing too.. im making her a cd of all their mellow stuff soon.

I burned Damnation for my mother too, as well as lots of other mellow songs. :tickled:

Holy crap, what a bunch of fanboys you all are. "Hey mommy, come listen to my music that I think makes me cool! If mommy likes Opeth then I'm even cooler! I love it when mommy loves my Opeth!"

Give it a rest already. You're all being so gay with posts like this. I seriously hope the Opeth guys are laughing their asses off at these posts, I really do.

One day, Jerkface is going to be hit by a truck. I can feel it.

My parents hate me for listening to Opeth. I say it musically inspires me (which it does), and they let me listen to it.

If they didnt, I would be living on my own with my radio, CD's, and plug outlet...