Conversation with my mom earlier today :)

Lakestream

May 1, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
Visit site
me: *being in my room putting in clean clothes in my closet while listening to Damnation*

she: *enters the room*
"Hey, what's that music? It sounds great"

me: "It's Opeth"

she: "Aren't they usually a bit... louder?"

me: "Not on this album!"

she: "Really? All the songs are like this??"

me: "Yup, they are"

she: "Could you burn me a copy??"

:Spin::Spin:

my mom has great taste in music!

I'm so lucky--my mom likes most all of my music. She likes Opeth, from Orchid to MAYH to Damnation. She's awesome \m/ :)

My dad, on the other hand....give him top 40 and make sure there's some Creed and Saliva included, and he's happy
yuck.gif

...Blah blah, its like Harvest, all beings with a pussy like it. Everyone will like Damnation, its a good album, but its also easy listening.

Lakestream said:
me: *being in my room putting in clean clothes in my closet while listening to Damnation*

she: *enters the room*
"Hey, what's that music? It sounds great"

me: "It's Opeth"

she: "Aren't they usually a bit... louder?"

me: "Not on this album!"

she: "Really? All the songs are like this??"

me: "Yup, they are"

she: "Could you burn me a copy??"

:Spin::Spin:

my mom has great taste in music!

Make her go buy a copy. hahah

Ha, ha, ha. That's cool. My mother walked in my room when I was playing some Radiohead one time and reacted in a similar way. She was like "there's still good music in the world?"

your mum doesnt have great taste in music if she doesn't like growls and doesnt buy her own copy heheh. my mom of course likes Harvest and stuff... I'm not gonna play damnation for her because i really don't care.

My mum prefers some of the other Opeth albums to Damnation, strangely. She also likes Katatonia and My Dying Bride.

My dad loves Opeth and Katatonia, and he even likes stuff like Anaal Nathrakh.

My parents rule. :)

... sigh ... well at least my parents don't insult my musical choices ... although the chance of them listening to the stuff I listen to is highly unlikely ... how sad.

My mom kind of likes Opeth, she loves "Benighted" and those soft songs, and she likes some of the metal songs but hates the growling. She went with me to see them in January, but we could only find one ticket for sale. Shes got good taste in music, but she destroies every CD I lend her, so I dont realy share much music with her anymore.