My sisters first song [christmas gift for my mom]

DaveBlack

Apr 7, 2009
My 9 year old sister spent the night at my place this past weekend and she always asks me to hook up my microphone so i had the bright idea that we should write a song for my mom.

Now, before ya download it, don't expect anything extravagant. There's audible clipping from the limiter i used for a rough mix to show my girlfriend and shit like that but what's interesting is the fact that my sister and I wrote the lyrics and she performed them before we even had music. All of this was on the fly. I had her write two short verses and perform them with no click track, I just had her do it kind of slowly and in pieces so I could edit stuff later.

After that I composed the track and edited the vocals to it (the best I could, don't crucify me here folks) - I autotuned some stuff and chopped it up because my sister loves those Ke$ha, Lady Gaga hooks. She actually gave me the idea to do a hook like that.

Like I said, I didn't go nuts. I just wanted it to be cute and quick.

Too much talk for a little 2 minute song by a 9 year old lol here ya go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5274111/Kaitlyn White Christmas 121310 MP3.mp3

Haha man, that's awesome. I bet every mom in the world is going to jizz.. uuhm.. is going to love it! That's a really nice gift.

Be careful, though.. your sister might just have made the first step to become a slutty, shit-music-producing crackwhore-popstar ;) :lol:

Thanks a lot fellas! Shes really excited about it. I'm trying to get her into the world of music. I think my moms gonna love it too.

Be careful, though.. your sister might just have made the first step to become a slutty, shit-music-producing crackwhore-popstar ;) :lol:

Not if I get to all the crack first, then that bitch is S O L

thanks a lot man! next we're gonna do a cover of Britney Spears "Slave For You" - just playin.

hahahaha I know right. Actually that oh, oh, oh, oh, part in the chorus is autotuned because I just had her hold out a single ohhhhhhhh, and then did it later. I was gonna try a big elaborate finish with vocal runs and shit but I was like no, that's just too much.

Thanks broseph. Yeah, I knew that's why I laughed in the begining. I was just giving ya some of the deets.