Did you see the new kemper updates

I have a Macbook as well as a Hackintosh that dual boots OSX and Windows. I use OSX at work but I've used Windows for coming up on 2 decades.

Honestly, they both have things that are shit. OSX has stupid things like inability to grab multiple simultaneous objects in icon view (and the windows maximise window feature is much better) but at the same time hardware integration and workflow is generally much tighter on OSX, searching is faster and I don't have to put up with a million stupid small updates happening all at once without it telling me. For programs it really depends on the platform they've been developed for - Reaper blows goats on OS X but Pro Tools blows goats on windows. Pick your poison; releasing for one or the other first is just the way the world works depending on whats easiest to develop, suck it up.

Holy shit, what did I start? :lol:

I'm looking forward to getting the rig manager though, it's a great update. The parallel line could be fun too!

Yeah. I think every Kemper user is stoked about the rig manager, but it also seems like something that should have existed when the profiler launched a few years ago. You can, after all, open up a profile in a text editor and read a lot of the meta data so it can't be that hard to write basic software.

seems like it does a bit more than just allow the editing of tags.

Can the rig manager remotely control the kemper: preset changes, effect changes,....?

Can the rig manager remotely control the kemper: preset changes, effect changes,....?

I think it says somewhere that you can audition profiles with the rig manager. That would be a really, really nice feature.

seems like it does a bit more than just allow the editing of tags.

Yeah, this is much more comprehensive than what I'm talking about and will be awesome when it's actually released. I just meant that they could have given us something basic a long time ago. It's crazy that the easiest way to edit metadata was to upload to rig manager previously. Mostly I'm just bitter that the announcement (as a mac user) amounts to "we'll totally get you that thing we promised we'd get you."
I absolutely love my kemper but the lack of a streamlined way to transfer and manage rigs is in my estimation the only real flaw.

Definitely a welcome feature. Gonna see if I can run this in crossover to get it working on my mac.

I'm assuming this means that we'll be connecting the kemper directly to the computer rather than faffing about with usb sticks?

Definitely a welcome feature. Gonna see if I can run this in crossover to get it working on my mac.

I'm assuming this means that we'll be connecting the kemper directly to the computer rather than faffing about with usb sticks?

and judging from the screen shot, it is linked to the Rig Exchange cloud, so direct auditioning of profiles from the cloud should be possible.

the search for gain feature (type in a number of '+') is also great.

PRESS RELEASE:
"Anaheim/ California, January 23rd, 2014 (ictw) - Kemper Amps, the company behind the multi award winning Kemper Profiler guitar amplifier today announced RigManager.
RigManager allows to preview, tag and manage the thousands of rigs available for the Kemper Profiler. Equipped with extensive sort and search features, RigManger helps to find the right tone in no time and allows the guitarist to concentrate on his performance.
RigManager also seamlessly integrates with RigExchange, a cloud storage system that thousands of Kemper Profiler users utilize to store their personal rigs and share them with the Kemper Profiler user community.
RigManager is free of charge and available during Q1 2014. A Mac version will be released later this year.
To learn more about RigManager, point your browser to: http://kemper-amps.com/rigmanager

RigManager Basics
One single application for windows acts as a content hub for the Kemper Profiler
Rigs from within the Profiler, the local hard drive, USB sticks, backups and RigExchange can be searched, previews and tagged in groups or individually
Only one simple USB connection needed, RigManager talks directly with the Kemper Profiler

Applications
Completely backup the Kemper Profiler
Download and preview rigs from RigExchange. Currently nearly 4000 rigs from users available
Sort rigs on local hard drive in groups and folders
Import rigs from third parties by drag and drop
Preview thousands of rigs by simply moving the cursor on screen, mark rigs as favorite rigs conveniently
Tag rigs individually and in groups. The better the tagging, the easier you find the rigs
Search for specific gain settings ("++++" searches for a gain around 4)

Outlook
Rate rigs with a simple 5 stars system directly on the Kemper Profiler. RigExchange utilises user ratings to display score of a rig. Only rigs you have previewed can be rated.
Update your Kemper Profiler using RigManager
Mac version in 2014"

Preview...do they mean all the meta data, or actually be able to hear the profile somehow?
"Preview thousands of rigs by simply moving the cursor on screen"

Would mean to me that there is no sound involved....which makes sense, cause I don't really know how'd you pull that off.

Preview...do they mean all the meta data, or actually be able to hear the profile somehow?
"Preview thousands of rigs by simply moving the cursor on screen"

Would mean to me that there is no sound involved....which makes sense, cause I don't really know how'd you pull that off.

I'm trying to figure that out too. But if it's connected to the Kemper, it can control it, so I'm guessing you'd have your guitar and kemper running and the rig manager can switch quickly to any rig so you can jam on it for a bit. Instead of the slow ass searching on the unit itself.

So stoked for this either way.

In the press release for the rig manager they said you could preview it by playing it on the unit itself after hitting the spacebar or double clicking a profile in the manager.

So the Kemper "streams" the profile from the Rig Manager and you don't have to load it into the unit itself?
That's really cool and super useful!

So the Kemper "streams" the profile from the Rig Manager and you don't have to load it into the unit itself?
That's really cool and super useful!

sounds like a really well implemented, searchable, real-time database.

:D:D