Didn't see this coming......

I suppose this can be the Carolus Rex thread then :)

This is their title track single:

It's pretty standard Sabaton IMHO. Not as epic as I'd expect the title track to be. Paltry solo, mid-tempo, chorus doesn't really hook me. Hope they pull out the stops for the rest of the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opposite side of the coin time.
I have never been into Sabaton, always found their vocals and war theme a bit much, however I really like "A Lifetime of War".

I've now had enough spins of this record to conclude that it is really good. It lacks some of the cheese from previous albums since it focuses on a single concept but the individual songs on their own merit are great. Lifetime of War is epic sounding and a lot of the others are heart-pumping anthems too. Probably doesn't top Coat of Arms for my money but it's still highly recommended!

Only listened to this once so far and I must say it didn't particularly wow me. It's obviously pretty good but I think they need to try and diversify, if only just a little, for their next album.

This just comes across as standard Sabaton, although there are a few songs in particular I enjoyed. 'Coat of Arms' didn't seem to be that popular but I really liked that Album and I certainly prefer it to this, so far anyway.