Diezel Einstein Clips

Mark_Palangio

On The Fields Of Life
Jul 12, 2005
Greensburg, PA
A friend of mine who lives in Canada bought this amp, and had it shipped to me to save him on shipping and custom costs, so he said I could keep it for a day or two and play around with it. It needs a boost pedal in front for high gain metal IMO, but it sounds incredible. Probably the tightest, clearest high gain tone I've ever heard. Such a great amp. Clean channel is beautiful as well. I did some quick clips this morning. I'm not the best at recording, and my setup is real cheap, but I just wanted to share them anyways. No post EQ or anything, I just recorded them and hosted them online.

Einstein - Channel 2 with OD808

Settings for that clip were...

Channel 2
Gain - 8
Bass - 4
Mid - 4
Treble - 7.5
Presence 7.5
Deep - 4.5
Volume - 2
Master - 2

Maxon OD808
Overdrive - 0
Balance - 10
Tone - 3

Einstein - Channel 1, Mode 1

Settings for that clip...

Channel 1 Mode 1
Gain - 2
Bass - 4
Mid - 4
Treble - 4
Presence - 7.5
Deep - 5
Volume - 3
Master - 4

Here are some pics of the amp as well...

5c20a16c.jpg

e59650cf.jpg

0ac763cb.jpg

df9d07f7.jpg

7de7571a.jpg

b2d21675.jpg

74af1045.jpg

9fc5d797.jpg

smy1 said:
Those sound VERY good. Despite them being raw! I am quite impressed ...

Thanks man! I don't really know much about mixing and doing EQ stuff to recordings. I should take the time to learn though. This amp records incredibly well though. This and the Engl Blackmore are the 2 easiest amps to record IMO, that I have tried.

Anyone else notice the 'Standy' switch?

Great clips, but the urban legend is that Einstein couldn't do elementary math, not spelling. Oh, hell, that's not even important - great clips.

Bloody OCD.

Jeff

JBroll said:
Anyone else notice the 'Standy' switch?

Great clips, but the urban legend is that Einstein couldn't do elementary math, not spelling. Oh, hell, that's not even important - great clips.

Bloody OCD.

Jeff

Haha! Yeah man, I noticed that too. This one is actually the first Einstein ever made, it's a prototype, but it's the same thing as all the other models.

Speaking of Diezel's... a guy I know owns a VH4...

Its ok... nowhere near worth the $$$ however.

Just sharing.

J the TyranT said:
Speaking of Diezel's... a guy I know owns a VH4...

Its ok... nowhere near worth the $$$ however.

Just sharing.

Yeah, $4400 is fucking insane. My friend got this Einstein for $2000. I think that's a great price.

It struck me as humorous that this really expensive, sharp looking head used Comic Sans MS for the lettering. I must be a huge nerd.

DSS3 said:
Sorry dude, but for $2000, it really sounds bad, IMO. Your 5150 absolutely crushes it.

I've played em in person, too... nothing special, at all. Not even that good sounding.

I think it sounds amazing man. I don't really like my 5150 clips that much, I think the Einstein sounds a lot better recorded...and in person. As I said, it's not my amp, but I really want one.

gumplunger said:
It struck me as humorous that this really expensive, sharp looking head used Comic Sans MS for the lettering.

The knobs are ugly as well IMO...
They need a good designer and they need him now.
But I'd take an ugly amp that sounds good over any fancy-schmancy crappy sounding one, so much for the aesthetics... ;)