Diffent amounts of gain on one song?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Just wondering , does anyone else ever use different amounts of gain for different parts of songs? For instance on crunchy rhythm chuggas I like a low amount of gain so it really sounds crisp, but that same low gain will sound weird when a single note run comes in. So I was just wondering if anyone else has done this , or do you just find the best compromise between chugs and single notes?

Just wondering , does anyone else ever use different amounts of gain for different parts of songs? For instance on crunchy rhythm chuggas I like a low amount of gain so it really sounds crisp, but that same low gain will sound weird when a single note run comes in. So I was just wondering if anyone else has done this , or do you just find the best compromise between chugs and single notes?

yeah, totally. here is an example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahjteam/ahjteam_accell-02.mp3

It starts with overdriven introguitar, then it gets accomppanied with semi-clean guitars (and totally overdriven bass guitar), then in the chorus there is a wall of massively distorted guitars that continue to the second verse and then in the outro they drop out.