Difference between TD and MR

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
When I heard the stuff from Timeless Departure, I was immediately hooked, and the thing that I loved about Skyfire was how they made the keys really prominent in their songs. The one thing that crossed my mind, however, was that the guitars could be a little more active and up front.

Then, I heard Mind Revolution. I noticed that the guitars became much more prevalent, and the riffs stuck in your head more. However, the keys were still all there. So, if Timeless Departure was amazing, and they adjusted the one thing that I hoped for, then I guess that would make Mind Revolution the perfect album. And guess what? It is!

Hail Skyfire. SO good.

NP: Skyfire - Haunted By Shadows

Woah, I never thought of it like that. That means that statistically, Mind Revolution is perfect. So is the third album gonna be better than perfect? It'll push the scale of one to ten up to eleven, and every album that was ever a ten will remain at ten, leaving only the new Skyfire to dwell in the legendary eleven.

mind revolution is their best album,it gets stuck on you just like that...
but:in 'shapes of insanity' their is one fucking irritating riff that doesn't fit in the song,with weird drum parts,so un-skyfire.anyone has heard it?

froosch said:
It hasn't really stood out to me. When in the song is it?

And yeah, I know it's not really perfect, that was the fanboy in me typing then.
perfect enough let's say...the part i hate is from 2:53 to 3:22.it's VERY irritating. :D

thats the fuckin point of that part, and the part leading up to it. its unexpected. its uncharacteristic. if they just did what you expect theyd be pretty boring and generic.
-neal

Yeah, I thought it did a pretty good job of breaking up the song a little bit, especially since it goes between that and other stuff throughout the time they're doing it. Didn't see it coming the first time I listened to it. It serves its purpose, even if it does sound uncharacteristic of Skyfire. Eh, maybe it'll grow on you, I wasn't exactly an instant fan of Shapes of Insanity, I had to listen to it for a while first.

Both are great albums but what seperated them for me anyways are the progressive elements.

Sure the guitars are better in MR but not that much, same with the vocals, the prog elements though that seem to spring out of nowhere in some MR songs are a great innovation in the genre.(as if the heavy use of keys already wasnt on TD).

I am however still wondering why they dont solo with any instrument? they are clearly more than capable but never do. This is just a minor quibble though as there songs are structured so well I often dont care.

I can't remember if it was Martin or Andeas who once said they don't think they're good enough, which is bullshit. But Andreas promised to do a solo on the new album.

I wanna hear a bass solo :headbang: