How did you learn about Skyfire?

yeah but I mean i enjoyed UM for having all those forums including the Soilwork forum, which was one of the forums that subsequently left. Place was a shithole really anyway...

I was kinda curious what that arcane "Swedish Melodeath" stuff Gadlor loved was, so he sent me Mind Revolution over AIM. I bought the CD a month or so later.

Gums said:
From what I remember, Aborted Fetus made like 4 threads within like a week of the forum's existence. I remember thinking he was such a fanboy, acting like a kid in a candy store hhah
i don't remember who else was here before either

anyway, i came for in flames, then when i saw there were also nevermore, dt, cob, arch enemy, etc i thought this place was the bomb. then not long after they made skyfire and borknagar and i thought UM could do no wrong.
but whaddaya know, in flames leaves, along with arch enemy, opeth off-topic, Mark, and others, while DT becomes a snorefest :cry:

I mainly came here for the CoB board. When it was still in unofficial. Then I noticed Arch Enemy, Nevermore, and such and posted on those. I wish I would have avoided that damned SoT board though. I post on it from time to time but some people that post there are crazy.

COBSteele02 said:
I mainly came here for the CoB board. When it was still in unofficial. Then I noticed Arch Enemy, Nevermore, and such and posted on those. I wish I would have avoided that damned SoT board though. I post on it from time to time but some people that post there are crazy.

I read it everyday (SOT) just for the hilarity and overall goofiness that ensues there. But the group there is generally too tight knit and they usually attack people if your not completely down with SOT l33t sense of humor. Plus that place is a haven for people who hate CoB, that was your first mistake :p

A friend of my in IRC told me that he has found 3 new melodeath bands, one finnish, one polish and one swedish. I suppouse i dont need to tell which one of them was Skyfire. Anyway i asked him to send me one best song each band and i think he send me "Breed Through Me, Bleed For Me" Well i digged it and downloaded the albums and later bought em. The ordinary story i think. The other 2 band were Suidakra and Insomnium from which and i also like very much so i quite much of a jackpot to find out 3 new awesome bands at once.