What attracts you to Skyfire?

AlphaTemplar

Morgan Freeman
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
A lot of musical taste is just a feeling. You connect with it because you do. But there are also definite things that I appreciate in music - intricate melodies, a thickly layered and epic sound, prominent guitar, building song structures, introspective lyrics, and dynamic and instrumental contrast - that attract me to Skyfire. Hw bout y'all?

Interested to hear from the band members too, what they want Skyfire to be musically, what they see as its draws.

Random, but I was just thinking too...wouldn't it be cool if Skyfire used some accoustics?

I like them because they're so damn catchy, and at the same time epic and brutal. (Yeah, when power metal with harsh vocals is done correctly it can be mindblowing). And the lyrics are thoughtful and intelligent as well.

I think that they are incredibly balanced. I love their melodic guitars and keys so much. I just believe that they are one of the most balanced bands ever, and that is why they are one of my favourite bands of all time. I consider them to be one of the greatest bands that I have ever heard actually. Great stuff.

i always liked the epic drive in most songs, and that you can hear the instruments' elegance and power. it's not hidden behind some whatever-the-word-is-in-musician's-slang so that only musicians can appreciate it, but simply everyone. so everyone can hear they're great.
IF they gave Skyfire a chance :(

one comment i once got by someone was, the keyboard was too much "there". i told him listen to the other instruments, and try to take the keyboard as supporting instrument. it was still too much "there" for the listener.

*sigh* the fate of a lonely thursdaydj :cry:

ah yeah, the cover of mind_revolution is such a nono, it will stick forever to my cornea and attract me :guh: :D
the colors though, they are grrrrreaaat *thumbsup*

I just LOVE the melodic, intertwined leads on every song. I love the thick, layered melodies of the choruses, and the overall feel the keys give off. I feel the sheer tenacity of the melodies they use in every note they play. Truly awesome.

The first song I heard by Skyfire was "Shivering Shade". The Keyboarding is what pulled me in real quick. Then i started to apreciate everything elso more and more as I listened. The guitar work, the screaming, the kickass blast beats. So I pretty much enjoy everything about them.

A1a23 said:
They're just a kickass band.

I disagree... Now hear me out...

Overkill. Vader. Obituary. Even Blind Guardian. Those are kick-ass bands. You listen to them and go, "Dude, that kicked ass."

Skyfire, I listen to and just go "Holy shit."

It's not that they don't kick ass, but it's like a full anal assault from every direction.

I like Skyfire because of their music style (I like harsh vocals and death melodic metal) The synth is amazing, especially in the song Tranquility's Maze.

Personally, I'm a breast man. Skyfire has very nice boobs.

Honestly though, since I just realized now I didn't give an actual reason, it's because they're one of the few bands to achieve such a ridiculously complex, layered, melodic sound without being pussies. Don't get me wrong, I like so-called "flower metal" as much as the next guy, but Skyfire's the best of both worlds.

Rocksane said:
Can you five some ''flower metal'' examples?

Since it's a stupid slang term that not that many people actually use anyway it's hard to actually classify a band as that (like "Norsecore") but it typically means cheesy European power metal, and pretty much everyone agrees Sonata Artica is the best example anyone could give. Stratovarius, Edguy, Fairyland, Dark Moor, etc, etc...

Of course, I didn't mean to compare Skyfire to them so much as to say it's cool to be melodic, but I still want my face thrashed off from time to time, and so I meant it more to say that for as much as people classify Skyfire along with Children of Bodom and other melodeath bands (and don't get me wrong, I love Bodom), especially of the Finnish variety (how many fucking times have I read "Skyfire is a Swedish band playing melodic death metal, but sound like they come from Finland?"), something that sets Skyfire apart is that they're actually heavy.

I first heard skyfire in school... Was surfing on the net and looking for some cool music... Totally ignoring my school work ;) And I end up after som metalpages at Skyfires offical site. And there I found a sample of the song Cursed by belief(i think it was)... Started to listen, and the words which come from my mouth was something like "oh holly heavens this shit is fucking amazing..." handed over the headphones to my friend and he was almost as choked as me... I think that was like a religious moment for both of ous...

anyways, what catch me is the combined brutallity with the as kicking melodies. It works so wonderful together, and the vocals, god damn I love them :)