Digi 003r problem

krokit

Noisey B*****d
Dec 5, 2005
London
Hey guys Ive a problem with my 003 rack!

I turned it on yesturday and the the lights on the front panel lit up and stayed on. If you're familiar with the 003r you'll know that when you turn it on it clicks about 3 times and the front panel lights flash on and off a couple of times and then when its on there should only be the green 1394 firewire light and the mute light on. But all of the front panel lights stayed on! Now Im getting the 'Unable to locate Digidesign hardware' dialogue box when I turn it on and the 1394 green firewire light isnt on.

Ive tried the other firewire port on the 003 and also the other firewire port on computer but there's no change. I know the firewire ports on the computer are working because my external firewire drive is working ok.

The only thing that was different when I turned it on yesturday was that I had my hardware compressor and fx unit connected to the ins/out of the 003 and these were both already on. Im wondering if this might be the reason? Ive got these connected as hardware inserts via my patchbay, but surely this cant be the problem?

Ive been reading stuff over at the DUC and am hoping that the firewire ports on the 003r havnt fried! My mate is coming over later with a spare firewire cable, so Im keeping my fingers crossed that the cable might be the problem but I not so sure! :ill:

Cheers

did you read the manual what it says in the troubleshooting section if the lights are lit?

Hi ahjteam

Ive checked the 003 manual and theres no mention of this problem with the lights staying on unfortunately!

Cheers

Ive just tried a new firewire cable but the problem remains! It looks like the 003 is the problem. Im hoping that the firewire ports havn't fried.!