Digi003R Reamping?

LuketheDuke

Storm Trooper
Sep 19, 2011
Zanesville, OH
So I have a Digi 003 Rack and I am planning on reamping either through a regular reamp box into an amplifier, or through my POD X3 Pro. I am thoroughly confused about how to set of my cables/signal chain from the Digi (which output???) into the POD via either a line input or S/PDIF (or AES/EBU). If you aren't familiar, here is the back panel for the POD...

http://line6.com/podx3pro/photogallery.html

and as for the Digi, which output do you use to when you want to reamp?

Any other comments/suggestions are greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttly appreciated!!!

Since it has SPDIF i/o just use that to avoid an extra DA/AD conversion.

That's what I had set up initially, but there must be some odd settings on the POD that don't allow me to have an input and an output via S/PDIF.

In my session, I have solo'd the DI track that I want to reamp, and set it's output to S/PDIF (right). I messed around with the settings on the POD, and finally, it detected a signal whenever I would play it back. I then, created another track for the reamped signal, and set it's input to S/PDIF (left).

No signal, no nothing. I messed around with the output settings on the POD, but nothing seems straightforward, and I haven't got any successful signals back to the Digi.

I know that there are some issues with my I/O assigning in the POD, but I need to make sure that the I/O of the 003 is right before I go changing settings on the POD.

HELP!!!!

:cry:

I think if you're sending the DI signal to the right side of the POD you'll need to set the input of your new track to the right side of the SPDIF input.

Okay, I'm running the signal from Analog 8 on the rack to one of the line inputs on the POD, and after some setting changes, the POD recognizes the signal. I can hook up headphones to the POD, and can hear the "reamped" signal, but for some reason, it isn't being sent back to the 003.

I have the output set to S/PDIF and the reamp track set to S/PDIF as well.

so you have your di track set to output 8 analog - to the line in of the pod . try the analog out of the pod to a analog in on the 003 .

try going into your i/o setting in protools and set the ins and outs to default