Digidesign Mbox Micro Yay or Nay?

462studio

462 Studio
Apr 26, 2006
Maine
www.myspace.com
I run Cubase SX. Thinking about getting the Mbox Micro USB widget for transfer of projects in PT format to WAV, etc, so I can do my thing in Cubase.

Yay or Nay?!

I'd say yay, it's always good to be able to open PT sessions! Though given how miniscule the price difference is between the Micro and Mini (especially if you get the academic discount, which of course depends on whether you're in school ;)), I'd go for the MINI so you have at least some inputs, and more importantly two mono balanced outputs for a pair of monitors! (rather than a fucking headphone jack :Smug: )

I'd say yay, it's always good to be able to open PT sessions! Though given how miniscule the price difference is between the Micro and Mini (especially if you get the academic discount, which of course depends on whether you're in school ;)), I'd go for the MINI so you have at least some inputs, and more importantly two mono balanced outputs for a pair of monitors! (rather than a fucking headphone jack :Smug: )

exactly what marcus said, a mate of mine got a mini the other day from ebay, was cheaper than a micro...so definitely look into it

I did notice the very slight difference in prices between the mini and the micro and thought much the same.

Seeing as I have almost zero experience with PT and much less the LE version, would I run into any difficulty pulling stem mixes out of a PT Session in LE, that has, say, more than the 32 track limitation?