Dimebag DVD and David Allen Coe said to be released

Whiplash402

Supreme Ruler
Sep 29, 2005
Illinois
Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott has launched Big Vin Records, a new Dallas-based record label with distribution via Fontana.

Big Vin Records' first release will be an album from REBEL MEETS REBEL, a unique crossover of country, metal and rock. It features three of the founding members of PANTERA (Vinnie Paul, Dimebag and bassist Rex Brown) together with legendary country singer/outlaw David Allan Coe. REBEL MEETS REBEL's CD was recorded over a four-year period and is set to contain a total of 12 tracks, including "Nothin' To Lose", "Rebel Meets Rebel", "Cowboys", "Panfillo", "Heartworn Highway", "One Night Stand", "Arizona Rivers", "A Man With Nothin' Ain't Got Nothin' to Lose", "New York City Streets" and "Get Outta My Life".

The title track, "Rebel Meets Rebel", was previously said to be a duet with PANTERA singer Philip Anselmo, although it is not presently clear if Anselmo's contributions will make it to the final product.

"Being from Texas, not only do we have rock roots, but we listen to country and blues," Paul explained to MTV News in early 2000. "Before our shows, we'd play 'Jack Daniels, If You Please' off of one of [Coe's] CDs.... He caught wind of it, and we went out to see him when he played Billy Bob's. He was just a super cool dude. It was fun to check him out, and we hooked him up with a couple of our home videos, and he called us back a couple days later and just said, 'Man, these f***ing videos are incredible. I really dig what you guys do.' He knows more about PANTERA than I do now."

"Rebel Meets Rebel" is scheduled for release in March 2006.

The second project to be released via Big Vin will be a DVD, "Dimevision", as a tribute to Dimebag, one of metal's all-time guitar greats who is credited by some for creating the original concept which eventually became the MTV hit series "Jackass". "Dimevision" features Dime's stellar guitar playing and offbeat brand of humor, and is sure to be a title every serious PANTERA fan will have to own.

Holy shit, I'm so excited about Rebel Meets Rebel and the new DVD I can't wait to get them!

By the way, if the duet with Phil and DAC got recorded, it would be really lame if Vinnie didn't include it on the cd.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Holy shit, I'm so excited about Rebel Meets Rebel and the new DVD I can't wait to get them!

By the way, if the duet with Phil and DAC got recorded, it would be really lame if Vinnie didn't include it on the cd.

i know i really wish they would end their fude