hypotheticals(dimebag going solo)

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
they say that good things can come out of bad situations,from a guitarists point of view i would really like dime to release a solo effort whether it being country rock metal blues all in one,he is one of the most gifted players i would like to see another side of his playing,similar to what zakk has done.

he has said in interviews he has written so much over the years that dont fit pantera,well i would like to hear it unleashed.

bring on david allan coe and dimebag rebel meets rebel

Pantera need to listen to the words of wisdom of Scott "Not" Ian and "Just be a fucking band" It's cool that Phil likes to do Down and SJR (I like both, esp. Down) but the world really needs a Pantera album, even if they just wanna do one more, they need to do it. I don't think the tour Slayer was intended as the finale, but if it is. Bad ass, not many bands can say "Slayer opened for us." I think Pantera will be back, and I think before it is said and done, they will share the stage w/ Metallica in baseball stadiums and race tracks across the country. That's why Vinnie watches what he says about Metallica.

I read somewhere that Pantera is planning on doing another, I think once phil is done with SJR or something like that... then again that was a couple months ago. If it's true though, expect to see a new Pantera by fall, I say.

they have gotta do another album it's in there contract or something
what pissed me off was when they pulled out of tattoo the planet they were over here when it was happening
the line up was so good except for cradle of filth defenstration
but napalm death slayer and pantera and biohazard thats a line up

interesting thoughts dutchy,one of the most gifted players on the planet,he is said to have 100's upon hundreds of four track recordings,i would sure love to hear it,i dont know about dime singing though!

They have an artical on Blistering today and Dime says Phil and Rex just left him and Vinny hanging so as of right now there is nothing going on on the Pantera front, Dime and Vinny are starting a band with a guy from Halford and a guy from Jerry Cantrell called New Found Power.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=1710

Check it out. Vinnie and Diamond (I'll always call him that, it's just so much more fun) are moving onto a band called New Found Power, if i recall correctly. Pat LAchman, currently of Diesel Engine, and is better known for his work in the Halford band, will be guitars/ vox.

I actually think this is gonna be cool. Ilike 3 out of the 4 musicians in the band, so my hopes are higj for this album, if they do make it.