Dimmu & Behemoth @ Starland?

I'm on the fence too, Greg, since I just did the whole Gigantour thing last night. Let me know what you decide. Maybe I'll go.

I'm on the fence too, Greg, since I just did the whole Gigantour thing last night. Let me know what you decide. Maybe I'll go.
I'd like to go, but I don't think it's going to work. Paula is coming back from Germany on Friday night, and it's going to be tough to work around. Shame. I was looking forward to this tour.

Zod

I saw it the first time in Philly. BEHEMOTH replaced UNEARTH because they were doing the New England M&HF. I wanted badly in the worst way to see DIMMU BORGIR and BEHEMOTH together again. Plus, KEEP OF KALESSIN is the shit, too. But, I couldn't get anybody to go and it's a three hour drive from where I live in PA. and I've never been to the Starland Ballroom before. Fucking bummer, though because I was dying to catch this show!

Im not a fan of them overall(I dig their more blackened death albums) but they were really good live on the JFAC/Gojira/BTM tour

I ended up going to this show.

Keep of Kalessin was solid. They probably would have been more fun if I was up front and had been drinking.

Behemoth was awesome. Their image, stage presence and energy flawlessly compliment their music. They had the crowd in an absolute frenzy. I was fairly surprised to see just how popular they've become in the states. Even if you don't like this style of music, you should make it a point to catch Behemoth live.

I was also surprised by just how well this show drew. The Starland Ballroom has capacity for 2,200 and I'm guessing they came pretty close to a sell out.

I didn't stay for Dimmu. Behemoth wrapped up a little after 10PM, which meant Dimmu wouldn't go on till 11PM and would finish around 12:30AM. I had to be up for school at 6:30AM.

Zod

Behemoth was awesome. Their image, stage presence and energy flawlessly compliment their music. They had the crowd in an absolute frenzy. I was fairly surprised to see just how popular they've become in the states. Even if you don't like this style of music, you should make it a point to catch Behemoth live.

I was also surprised by just how well this show drew. The Starland Ballroom has capacity for 2,200 and I'm guessing they came pretty close to a sell out.

Zod

Ozzfest helped Behemoth a lot in terms of popularity, I'm sure.

I ended up going to this show.

Keep of Kalessin was solid. They probably would have been more fun if I was up front and had been drinking.

I didn't stay for Dimmu. Behemoth wrapped up a little after 10PM, which meant Dimmu wouldn't go on till 11PM and would finish around 12:30AM. I had to be up for school at 6:30AM.

Zod
Didn't get your message until after I accepted another invitation to something that was far lamer. Wish I had gone for Behemoth alone. Not a DimBo fan.

Not to be a negative nancy, but Keep Of Kalessin is the only band on this tour worth seeing. I don't get why everyone loves Behemoth so much and Dimmu from what I heard is not as good live as they were years ago. :(

Not to be a negative nancy, but Keep Of Kalessin is the only band on this tour worth seeing.
I'm not very familiar with the music of either Keep of Kalessin or Behemoth. I think I gave Armada a quick spin once and wasn't impressed enough to feel revisiting was worth my time (fairly average, fairly uninspired Black Metal). So my perspective on this show wasn't that of a Behemoth fan. That said, as live acts, there's absolutely no comparison. Behemoth is 10x the live band that K of K is, in terms of energy, stage presence and musicianship.

I don't get why everyone loves Behemoth so much...
I suspect the fact that their videos have all been exceptionally well done and that they've been in heavy rotation on MTV2's HB, has gotten people to go to their shows and their live performance has sealed the deal.

...and Dimmu from what I heard is not as good live as they were years ago. :(
Saw them at Wacken and thought they were very good.

Zod