Heathen Crusade... anyone going?

MisterMayhem said:
They say it supposed to be a warmer winter.

I actually read this as well (no fooling Zod) - it was in the almanac, which apparently is accurate about 80% of the time, seems better than local forecasters!

MisterMayhem said:
Isn't NJ cold also in the Winter?

It is, but not AS cold - especially in terms of being very cold on a sustained basis. In the dead of winter in NJ (or Philly, where I live), it can be like 20-30 degrees a few days, followed by a week of 45 degree days - so it can certainly vary. I believe in the Minneapolis area the temperatures tend to hover in the 20 degree range in winter, with milder days being the exception rather than the rule.

markgugs said:
With all due respect to Glenn, this is the best festival lineup in the U.S. :cool:

I'm sure you're not completely serious here Mark, unless you're strictly talking personal musical tastes. I mean, you're not going to find the average Conception and Pain of Salvation devotees flocking to a fest centered around viking black/death metal.

For the record, I'm with you on the lineup solely based on my current musical tastes. And there are tons of fans who would also say Progpower has the best lineups for their own tastes. However, as far as metal festivals in the U.S. are concerned, Glenn has simply set the standard by which I will judge all others. If someone is going to top the experience of attending Progpower USA, they are going to have to work EXTREMELY hard.

Having said that, there's no need to get away from the well deserved hype - Heathen Crusade is simply going to RULE!

Dark One said:
I'm sure you're not completely serious here Mark, unless you're strictly talking personal musical tastes. I mean, you're not going to find the average Conception and Pain of Salvation devotees flocking to a fest centered around viking black/death metal.

For the record, I'm with you on the lineup solely based on my current musical tastes. And there are tons of fans who would also say Progpower has the best lineups for their own tastes. However, as far as metal festivals in the U.S. are concerned, Glenn has simply set the standard by which I will judge all others. If someone is going to top the experience of attending Progpower USA, they are going to have to work EXTREMELY hard.

Having said that, there's no need to get away from the well deserved hype - Heathen Crusade is simply going to RULE!

I'm completely serious, and yes, my statement is 100% derived from my personal musical tastes. :headbang: