Dimmu Borgir

Evil_Ernie

I'll kill you!
Dec 9, 2002
Hell
I've been hearing "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse" from their new album on satellite radio and love the sound of it. What would be a good starter album to get from them. I almost got their new one last week, but decided to wait. Any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Spiritual Black Dimensions
Puritancial Misanthropic Euphoria

those are all good ones to start on

Definitly have to agree with Yetti. How is the satellite radio? Do they actually play good metal?

ShadowOfFire said:
How is the satellite radio? Do they actually play good metal?
Satellite radio is awesome!! I've had it for a year and a half now and love it! I have the Sirius service and it's been great from day one. I can drive from Virginia to California or virtually anywhere in the continental U.S. and never have to change the channel. Plus it's comercial free, censorship free radio, and that's a major bonus.

Yes they do play some killer metal...in fact, I've gotten into a few bands from listening to that channel. Every night at 10pm EST they have a show called "Beyond the Pit" where they play a half hour of death metal from Obituary, Carcass, Darkthrone and others. Other bands they play are Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Dillinger Escape Plan, Children of Bodom, Meshugah, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, and lots more.

HAIL DIMMU!
I can proffer you a classic one, Enthrone Darkness triumphant, or their next album Spiritual black dimensions...
In the latest 2 albums Shagrath's voice is "getting old",they rock as well.:kickass:
So I think you should buy an old one (Enthrone), or the Puritanical Euphorical Misanthropia (If you could buy with the bonus track, 'Burn in hell')
:headbang:

@Sympozium: you're right! :headbang:

i just saw Dimmu and Bodom last night at Clug Laga in Pittsburgh, and holy fuck BOTH bands put on a helluva show. Bodom played 2nd and got a shorter set then Nevermore, but the crowd you could tell was more there for Bodom then for Dane and the boys. i love NM, but Bodom's set was absolutely classic, everything from Hate Me back to Silent Night, Bodom Night.

then Dimmu Borgir came on last and blew me away. their set spanned their entire career, from SBD to the newer works and all things in between. the highlight of the night was when i heard my favorite tracks from DCA (track 4, i cant fuckin spell Norweigan shit, though i wish i could) and PEM (Kings of the Carnival Creation) back to back. i was ready to just die of musical euphoria.