Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

Xeroth

Bringer of Light
Jun 6, 2006
UK
www.vampirefreaks.com
This is definatly my favourite album at the moment. Mainly because it has Progenies of the Great Apocalypse on it. Anyway, I think this is an outstanding album, and one of their best so far. I really like Simen Hestnæs' vocals on this album, really changes the Dimmu style of songs. 10/10

LMAO! Can this be locked? This isn't a review its an opinion.

My opinion is that this album isn't nearly as good as the first two albums by the same band. Even the re-recording of Stormblast is better than this album... actually I really like that record.

Hopefully they smarten up for the next round... but I doubt.

MetalNoob said:
I actually didn't think it was too bad of an album, just a little overdone in terms of production. Gets a 6/10 from me.

A resonable score. About time someone knows how to match their /10's with an opinion.

"I actually didn't think it was too bad of an album 9/10" LMAO! :lol:

Xeroth said:
This is definatly my favourite album at the moment. Mainly because it has Progenies of the Great Apocalypse on it. Anyway, I think this is an outstanding album, and one of their best so far. I really like Simen Hestnæs' vocals on this album, really changes the Dimmu style of songs. 10/10

Simen only sings on two tracks (damn well too).

What Dimmu needs is to kick out Shagrath and put in Simen on full vocal duties. He's fully capable of black metal growls.

shagrath owns.

this is a sucktastic "review", but i agree. this is one of my favorite albums, and probably my favorite dimmu album

Xeroth said:

Agreed 100% on the opinionated statement.

Great album. Only song I didn't like was Allegiance. That song bored me senseless, horrible way to start off an album and I'm forced to listen to it just to kick off the album. Thank God the album's 2nd best song comes on after it. My favorite fyi is Vresybyrd. Album gets an 9 only because of Allegiance.

Blue_Jay said:
Great album. Only song I didn't like was Allegiance. That song bored me senseless, horrible way to start off an album and I'm forced to listen to it just to kick off the album. Thank God the album's 2nd best song comes on after it. My favorite fyi is Vresybyrd. Album gets an 9 only because of Allegiance.

You officially have the worst taste in music ever.

Actually I just heard this album again at a friends, and yea it blows. Cheesy vocals, keyboards that sound like Starwars, awful lyrics. WTF do people see in this. Even older Dimmu is a little bit overrated.