Dimmu Borgir

There is no way that something like In Sorte Diaboli is less cheesy than EDT.
EDT is cheesy, of course, but ISD is a complete abortion full of half-assed ‘’tight’’ riffs, melodies that reek of horse-riding colorful power metal and keyboards that sound like they were taken from that godawful Dungeons & dragons b-movie.

There is no way that something like In Sorte Diaboli is less cheesy than EDT.
EDT is cheesy, of course, but ISD is a complete abortion full of half-assed ‘’tight’’ riffs, melodies that reek of horse-riding colorful power metal and keyboards that sound like they were taken from that godawful Dungeons & dragons b-movie.

What the fuck?! ISD is loads less powermetallic than etc. EDT, only songs in ISD I could at quick peek concider powermetallic are The sinister awakening and The chosen legacy, and they're nothing in their powermetalness compared to songs from EDT like In Death's embrace.

And about For all tid, It is very good album, but the vocals, or to be specific, the clean vocals suck.
The music is awesome, I love the folkish stuff like Stien.

ISD is definitely a overated piece of musical retardation. I listened to it once, got bored of the lameness, & boring basic music. As a band, your supposed to get better with each album, not get worse.

Whatever one might think from Dimmu nowadays (and I must say I don't think much of them myself) I have to admit that Stormblåst was one hell of a good album. Granted, it was one of my gateway-drugs for BM, so I have a special attachment to it, but everything after that was crap. I don't listen to BM at all anymore, with a few notable exceptions: Ulver's Bergtatt and Dimmu's Stormblåst.
Bergtatt and Stormblåst to me sound pretty similar (coming from the same studio and all) and even while the music is quite different, you can't deny that both have a sort of raw, mystical beauty that has never been reached again after that time. Production might be crap by today's standards (except of you're a fan of lo-fi sounds) but they are just right for the music. To me, those 2 albums stand out forever as a testimony of a certain time in the 90s. No matter what turns the respective bands have taken, for better or for worse, you can't erase the fact that they did put out a great album at a certain time.