Dimmu fans here???

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
I decided to give Puritanical a spin on the CD player and OMG! I never knew what I was missing! Man, they fucking CRUSH! I've tried and tried the www.dimmu-borgir.com site but nothing comes up and when I try www.dimmu-borgir.net, I get redirected to Netster which is a search engine deal. Can anyone direct me to a killer fan/offical site? MSN search engine's results are so so as is Yahoo and Google so I figure ask the experts, YOU guys!

Charlie, THANK YOU for turning me on to Dimmu!

:headbang::devil::hotjump::headbang:

I think Dimmu Borgir rule! I just got Death Cult Armageddon today. I listen to proper black metal aswell. Darkthrone rule! Gorgoroth, Anaal Nathrakh, Viking Crown.....
I don't care what catagory they fall into. I have 2 catagories. Good and shit.

gazmetal said:
I think Dimmu Borgir rule! I just got Death Cult Armageddon today. I listen to proper black metal aswell. Darkthrone rule! Gorgoroth, Anaal Nathrakh, Viking Crown.....
I don't care what catagory they fall into. I have 2 catagories. Good and shit.

I like the good and shit categories! Nice one! Yeah, the more I listen to PEM, the more I dig it.

yeah ive only heard a few songs of dimmu and it pretty good,bm is not something u can chuck in the cd player and hum along to,u really have to give it a chance.

same with death metal,the few bands that are good are spoilt with a million other shitty bands copying them and not doing anything original.

carcass were the leaders and they even admitted to changing there sound because so many bands were trying to copy there style.

people wanting to check out death metal should probably start with deicide carcass or morbid angel,heavy as fuck but still have some great hooks to keep u interested.

Johnny Ace said:
I really dug Puritanical.... great production and a tight sound.

They might be a challenger to my favorite viking era Black Metal band... Satyricon.

Venom is still the king.

I've listened to Puritanical over and over a few times already.

I downloaded a Dimmu song a while back just to see if I liked them and I wasn't that impressed. I know you can't judge a band from just one song but I swear the singer sounded just like Popeye the sailor. The music was good though. I think I'm going to give them another chance and see if I can't find a used CD of them. Which one do you guys suggest?

KY_Fried442 said:
I downloaded a Dimmu song a while back just to see if I liked them and I wasn't that impressed. I know you can't judge a band from just one song but I swear the singer sounded just like Popeye the sailor. The music was good though. I think I'm going to give them another chance and see if I can't find a used CD of them. Which one do you guys suggest?

Without the lyrics in the billfold, I'd have NO idea what they're singing! I like the music, FAST, BRUTAL and then all of a sudden majestic and symphonic. I HIGHLY recommend Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Others will say the "old" stuff, but since this is the only one I own of DB, I can't really say it's better than other records they've done. Reviews I've read and being a new forum member, PEM gets one of the "high" marks of "greatness" from the fans.

KY_Fried442 said:

Popeye the sailor! :Spin: PRICELESS!!!

Here are some dimmu records deff. worth checking out:

Spiritual Black Dimensions
Godless Savage Garden
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
For All Tid(lyrics in norwegian)
Stormblåst(lyrics in norwegian)