Dimmu Borgir fans?

At first I never dug into Dimmu cuz I thought they looked silly, Shagrath with all this makeup, studded leather and all, but fuck, their music is NOT fake nor ghey, if you wanna see something really ghey, have a look at Pain's last clip, Zombie slam :p

Dimmu Borgir was decent before being produced in Abyss Studios. But with EDT they became another mediocre dissection clone with a generic wall of sound. Now, it is just silly wank music.

The last song they did that was worth a shit was Master of Disharmony on the 1996 Devils Path McD. That album was supposed to be their evolution from atmospheric black metal to a more thrashy sound.

I love Dimmu Borgir. They're the first black metal band I started listening to. My favorite album is For All Tid.

Favorite songs:
Over Bleknede Blåner Cil Dommedag
Glittertind
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Blood Hunger Doctrine
Dreamside Dominions
Eradication Instincts Defined

I have heard the new album yet...

IN SORTE DIABOLI is not a very good album compared to Dimmu standards
of course it aint shit but certainly a significant notch under

Hopefully they will come back harder and stronger

IN SORTE DIABOLI is not a very good album compared to Dimmu standards
of course it aint shit but certainly a significant notch under

Hopefully they will come back harder and stronger

I think they were taken aback by their sudden popularity and were unsure which direction to go to maintain their newly-found fame. I expect the next album will be better, as they ease themselves into the mainstream's eye.

I think they were taken aback by their sudden popularity and were unsure which direction to go to maintain their newly-found fame. I expect the next album will be better, as they ease themselves into the mainstream's eye.

Didn't they sell 100,000 copies of Enthrone Darkness like 10 years ago? That should no longer be an excuse, they have been WAY bigger than almost any black metal band since then. I expected a better album.