Whats your feeling about Dimmu Borgir?

Venymous

The Grey Eminence
Oct 4, 2002
VA, USA
Visit site
I think Dimmu is fucking awesome! I can't wait for the tour to hit my city! I was over on the Hypocrisy forum (who I also really want to see) and there was this thread about a petition to kick Dimmu off the tour, which i thought was total bullshit. so i got curious as to what other Bodom fans think of them...

I am a wimp death metalhead.

I do not care for Dimmu Borgir.

Call me lame and all, but I really like the more melodic music... melodic death and goth and such... I wish Bodom was touring with Nightwish, Tristania, and In Flames. Ah, heaven.

Dimmu is just so hard and non melodic... I'm going to a concert, but only to see the other bands.

I love melodic as well. I would kill for a Bodom/Nightwish tour. Tristania and In Flames are awesome too.
To me Dimmu is melodic in a way, the keyboards and a kind of symphonic sound to some of their songs, like Mourning Palace. some of their stuff is too heavy tho, like Sympozium...way too much going on...

i havent gotten the new cd yet...but today i got my cd's i ordered from century media and it came with a DCA sampler. the 2 songs on it are badass!

I like them, especially the last 2 releases. First with real strings and now a full orchestra...IMO the perfect blend of BM and Classical

NW: pffffffffffffff
sowrong.gif
:D

I love dimmu, actually their new album Death Cult Armageddon is one of the best releases of this year :headbang:

dimmu along with evergrey and cob is the best of the newer metalbands..

i've been a fan since the release of enthrone darkness triumphant and i like primitive black to, some of it.. but i fucking hate cof

the rerecording of raabjörn speiler draugheimens sködde on EDT, originally foun on för all tid is so very magical..
a lovely band.. and thet only gotten better since gaining the ultimate drummer nick barker and galder!! their music is so very large and mighty now, i absolutely love it

I think they rule as long as you dont see them live... what a disappoinment...:erk: I've seen them twice so far but still:
a) I love their albums (Enthroned darkness triumphant :headbang: )
b) I'm stupid enough to pay and get disappointed one more time

So...
:hotjump:HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME:hotjump: (and then shoot me so I learn my lesson well)