Opeth and Dimmu Borgir?

But you can easily compare two genres... and it also works when two bands are the same genre, because no music is perfectly defined by a genre. In the end you could compare anything in some way. And you might also like one more than another, of course. Anyways.

You can compare two genres, not easily though imo. Its different if you compare Classical music to Rap music.
Also I didn't really get you there at the 'no music is perfectly defined by genre.' Damn im going stupid :eek:

I believe its all a matter of taste. For me its imposible to rank music that isn't the same type. Opeth is progressive deth metal, Dimmu Borgir is symphonic black metal thus I cannot compare them since they are different styles of metal O:

opeth doesn't chug an open note the whole song, mixed with some repetitive keyboard riff that comes off an old nintendo game.

dimmu borgir is embarrassing ridiculous circus metal for goth dorks and greasy neophyte metalheads who think that 'having blastbeats' is a crucial requirement for a band to be good

this.

Dimmu Borgir is the first band goths start to listen to, cause it's simple enough for them to enjoy.

darn. I hate people dressing up all ugly.

I'm still curious about why no one has quoted the "gallons of shit" metaphore yet.

Usually I think it's because some of Opeth listeners are so "developed" listeners that they've got sick of DB, I myself am atm getting tired of the band, not meaning though that I wouldn't enjoy the music anyway.

Exactly.