DIMMU BORGIR Recruit Session Drummer ASGEIR MICKELSON

Congrats, Asgeir!!!

From BLABBERMOUTH:

DIMMU BORGIR Recruit Session Drummer ASGEIR MICKELSON - Mar. 18, 2004
Norwegian symphonic black metallers DIMMU BORGIR have recruited Asgeir Mickelson (BORKNAGAR, SPIRAL ARCHITECT) as the session drummer for their upcoming live appearances, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal.

Mickelson joins the DIMMU ranks as a temporary replacement for Nick Barker, who was unceremoniously "removed" from the group's lineup in January.

In his first interview since being fired from DIMMU BORGIR, Barker told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the group's decision to let him go came as a "total surprise" to him, with Nick attributing the split to "the distance thing — me being English and those guys being Norwegians. And me commuting from England to Norway all the time. I guess they thought things just weren't working out. I [also] think there might have been a few cultural differences, with me being English and those guys being Norwegians."

DIMMU BORGIR are scheduled to play a few live shows in South America in late April, to be followed by several European festival appearances and a much-anticipated main-stage slot at this year's Ozzfest.

(Thanks: Cristobal Lagos)

Spokesperson: ASGEIR Will Not Play Drums For DIMMU BORGIR - Mar. 19, 2004

A spokesperson for DIMMU BORGIR's management has refuted the report that Asgeir Mickelson (BORKNAGAR, SPIRAL ARCHITECT) has been hired to be the session drummer for DIMMU BORGIR during their upcoming live appearances.

Despite reliable reports indicating that Mickelson was in talks to play at least the South American portion of DIMMU's upcoming tour, the management representative has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that "Asgeir will not play any tours with DIMMU BORGIR. The band is auditioning different drummers but nobody is confirmed at [this time]."

As previously reported, DIMMU BORGIR are scheduled to play a few live shows in South America in late April, to be followed by several European festival appearances and a much-anticipated main-stage slot at this year's Ozzfest.

Doctor Pain said:
Don't know Asegir but
I think Dimmu Reached their peak with Nick bashing the skins,
the guy is the fucking Terminator.

Asgier is better..trust me. Much more finesse..and technicality. The guy is one of the best in metal!

The latest on this subject!

From BLABBERMOUTH:

ASGEIR MICKELSON: 'I'm NOT Going To Play For DIMMU BORGIR' - Mar. 26, 2004

Drummer Asgeir Mickelson (BORKNAGAR, SPIRAL ARCHITECT) has issued a statement denying that he has been hired to be the session drummer for DIMMU BORGIR during their upcoming live appearances. Mickelson was rumored to have joined the DIMMU ranks as a temporary replacement for Nick Barker, who was unceremoniously "removed" from the group's lineup in January.

"I'm NOT going to play for DIMMU BORGIR," Asgeir said in the statement. "This whole rumour thing has been quite funny to watch, and I'm honoured that some people think I would be able to fill Tjodalv and Barker's shoes. Their drumming is excellent and especially Nick's work is demanding, so I would probably need a couple of months to get in shape for such an extreme style of playing (especially since I've hardly played drums at all since I did the VINTERSORG album last summer). Tjodalv told me he rehearsed with the band (and according to Simen it sounded great) but he ultimately decided not to leave SUSPERIA, who's busy promoting their new album (check it out!). As far as I know, DIMMU want to try out a couple of other drummers (I have names but I'm not going to add to the rumour mill) before they decide on a permanent member, so I can understand why Tjodalv doesn't want to risk his position in SUSPERIA. I've been told DIMMU BORGIR are going to post a statement about the drummer-situation very soon. Good luck to the new (session?) drummer!"

As previously reported, DIMMU BORGIR are scheduled to play a few live shows in South America in late April, to be followed by several European festival appearances and a much-anticipated main-stage slot at this year's Ozzfest.

asgeir-studio.jpg