Former DIMMU BORGIR Drummer Nick Barker Nearly Joined TESTAMENT

Bostaph was definately the "right" choice for Testament. Nick smokes the skins , but Paul FITS Testament much better. I'm agreeing with everyone else cause it's true !! :tickled: :headbang:

paul.jpg

MindInsane said:
Nick is a great drummer but he uses triggers and that would sound wierd in a thrash band...too mechanical. When I saw Dimmu the last time I walked to the part of the balcony that kind of hung over Nick's set and he was hitting his kit really lightly. I'm sure he could hit hard if he didn't use the triggers, I mean come on..the guy's a brick! But if he's in the habit of playing like that it would probably take a while to rethink his style. In the meantime Bostaph comes in hitting hard and thrashin' it up! I think he was the best choice for our guys!

...I'm pretty shure Tom Hunting's drumkit is trigged on some pieces... (bass drum) on TotD... So what's wrong with triggers in thrash?

Randy Black of Annihilator uses them too...

MindInsane said:
That's your opinion. I think they are a really good live band. I've seen them twice and both times they were really solid. The stage costumes are just that..costumes...face paint is a black metal thing (although I don't really think it's necessary either) and they have VERY groovy music. I hate it when people have preconceived notions about a band and don't give the music a chance.

Yes it is my opinion, but I don't feel I have to say that after everything I write. I saw them twice actually, so nothing was preconceived at all. I gave 'em a chance and they didn't float my boat.