New Dimmu Rumor???????

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
It's Official: DIMMU BORGIR Recruit Session Drummer RENO KILLERICH - Mar. 29, 2004

As exclusively reported yesterday, Danish drummer Reno Killerich (PANZERCHRIST, VILE, HUMAN ERUPT) has been officially recruited as the session drummer in DIMMU BORGIR for the group's upcoming live appearances, a spokesperson for the band's management has confirmed to. Killerich, who rehearsed with DIMMU for the first time on Friday (March 26), is expected to join the band during Ozzfest 2004 as well as for the preceding European and South American dates.

Killerich is widely considered to be one of the most skilled speed/grind drummers around, having won the title "fastest feet in the world" with more than 800 hits on the pedals in one minute at the NAMM music convention in the U.S., according to published reports.

Reno joins the DIMMU ranks as a temporary replacement for Nick Barker, who was unceremoniously "removed" from the group's lineup in January.

In his first interview since being fired from DIMMU BORGIR, Barker told that the group's decision to let him go came as a "total surprise", with Nick attributing the split to "the distance thing — me being English and those guys being Norwegians. And me commuting from England to Norway all the time. I guess they thought things just weren't working out. I [also] think there might have been a few cultural differences, with me being English and those guys being Norwegians."

This sounds good to me, but I have a question. Being a drummer myself, this confuses me. 800 bpm is not that fast. I can easily go over 1,000, and excellent drummers can top over 1,200. All I can figure is that its much harder to maintain 1,000+ for an entire minute. I've never tried. :confused:

Alteredmindeath said:
Killerich is widely considered to be one of the most skilled speed/grind drummers around, having won the title "fastest feet in the world" with more than 800 hits on the pedals in one minute at the NAMM music convention in the U.S., according to published reports.

800 hits in one minute = 800 bpm. ;) That is the same thing as sixteenth notes at 200 bpm. Does the dude use triggers? If he doesn't than that is pretty damn fast if it is just his feet, no triggers. But if he is using triggers than it isn't a big deal?

Or is it? Hehe, I'm not a drummer so I dunno. What exactly is a trigger, by the way? All I know is that it makes it easier to do fast stuff. :confused:

bassvikinggod said:
800 hits in one minute = 800 bpm. ;) That is the same thing as sixteenth notes at 200 bpm. Does the dude use triggers? If he doesn't than that is pretty damn fast if it is just his feet, no triggers. But if he is using triggers than it isn't a big deal?

Or is it? Hehe, I'm not a drummer so I dunno. What exactly is a trigger, by the way? All I know is that it makes it easier to do fast stuff. :confused:

there was a thread about triggers !! Lemme find it :p

*edit* Here it is: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27284&highlight=Trigger :cool:

Hey, thanks! That made sense to, so they just don't have to hit as hard to get the clear sound. :headbang:

Hehe, I was under the impression that it was something that would catch the signal and then create some sort of delay type thing, so like if you hit an eighth note it would produce the sound of two sixteenth notes... my mistake. ;)

bassvikinggod said:

Ugh, triggers dont make you go faster, they just alter the sound and allow for every hit, not matter how soft of loud, to sound the same.

When I use triggers, they sound soft if I hit soft, and are loud if I hit loud. You can modify them to still sound dynamic. THe difference is you're getting a processed bass drum sound (complete with reverb, gate, eq, etc...) instead of your normal boring drum :p

Great for live situations, not necessary in the studio but saves time and money.

Charubic Murder said:
Ugh, triggers dont make you go faster, they just alter the sound and allow for every hit, not matter how soft of loud, to sound the same.
We know, we know already. Gosh, Zapata, what's your deal?

on the note of fastest bass drum beating...my guitar teacher was telling me about this guy who was amazingly fast on double bass...i believe he's australian...he tells me this guy can do angel of death....on one foot...his nickname is Thunderfoot, but i forget his real name...anyone know? don't think he's in a band, i think he does seminars and promos for companies