Opeth and Dimmu Borgir?

This forum is not for creating garbage threads asking if Opeth is compatible with random bands.

If you CAN read I am not asking if it is, Its the 3rd time im stating I wanna hear what everyone has to say.:err:
So If you have nothing else to add to the thread take your self and your IQ, wich Im sure is lower than your age, outta the thread. Thank you.:)

If you CAN read I am not asking if it is, Its the 3rd time im stating I wanna hear what everyone has to say.:err:
So If you have nothing else to add to the thread take your self and your IQ, wich Im sure is lower than your age, outta the thread. Thank you.:)

Who cares why you posted this useless thread. Judging from your posts you are obviously not that bright, "I'm just askin what everyone has to say" WTF. You want to hear peoples opinion on Dimmu Borgir, so you post a thread linking them to Opeth??? on the Opeth forum??? Why don't you take these discussions somewhere else. If you post in this forum prepare to be flamed for posting this dumb shit.

Who cares why you posted this useless thread. Judging from your posts you are obviously not that bright, "I'm just askin what everyone has to say" WTF. You want to hear peoples opinion on Dimmu Borgir, so you post a thread linking them to Opeth??? on the Opeth forum??? Why don't you take these discussions somewhere else. If you post in this forum prepare to be flamed for posting this dumb shit.

You still aren't getting my point. You are indeed sad.

i find dimmu repeat themselves a lot, there are a lot of songs on every album (lately) that just seem.....uninteresting, almost like an afterthought to fill up the album, same with behemoth.....except i have higher hopes for their new album

Its a shame that Dimmu Borgir does actually have a handful of enjoyable songs, because they're the perfect example of everything that is wrong with metal. ICS Vortex is wasting his fucking time with them, Arcturus and Borknagar were/are both a thousand times better and more credible as artists.

Which Arcturus albums have those opera vocals? - that's what I want to avoid

pretty much all of them have at least some form of an "opera vocal" from garm. sideshow symphonies is the only one that vortex did lead vocals on all tracks (I believe he also did lead vocals on one of the tracks on the sham mirrors)

This forum is not for creating garbage threads asking if Opeth is compatible with random bands. Wtf does Dimmu Borgir have to do with "Opeth forum". Thread poster should be stopped before more threads like this are spawned.

yeah we should have more threads of you pontificating about every opeth album you horrid sack of shit

dimmu borgir is embarrassing ridiculous circus metal for goth dorks and greasy neophyte metalheads who think that 'having blastbeats' is a crucial requirement for a band to be good

This forum is not for creating garbage threads asking if Opeth is compatible with random bands. Wtf does Dimmu Borgir have to do with "Opeth forum". Thread poster should be stopped before more threads like this are spawned.

Hey dumbfuck, delete your own shitty threads before talking about others'. Nobody should consider the opinion of one the biggest retards that you are (including greasyboat and Widow Sulk, of course).

And telling others that they are not bright when yourself sincerily believe that your taste is objective...!

what type of music is dimmu borgir anyways???

^ Also greasyboat, I'm sad to see you changing your post in which you stupidly wondered what style of music Dimmu Borgir was for something even more ridiculous. But that's nothing surprising from you.

Damn. Yes I'm tired. :puke:

musically dimmu ranks low compared to 0peth.

I believe its all a matter of taste. For me its imposible to rank music that isn't the same type. Opeth is progressive deth metal, Dimmu Borgir is symphonic black metal thus I cannot compare them since they are different styles of metal O:

But you can easily compare two genres... and it also works when two bands are the same genre, because no music is perfectly defined by a genre. In the end you could compare anything in some way. And you might also like one more than another, of course. Anyways.

Older Dimmu is mostly really good. They have gotten a bit boring with their more recent output, but they have a lot of good songs. I find myself listening to Stormlast, EDT, PEM and DCA pretty often - all really solid albums.