Dingram Observes - Cast Your Vote!

D.Ingram

Mar 17, 2008
Sheffield, United Kingdom.
My fine chums and chumet... erm, chums.

As you all know, I'm casting my horrible face into the realm of video reviews for music and video games alike. Some of you already know what I have planned, but opinions and ideas are absolutely 100% welcome. Basically, is there a game and/or album that you love or hate? Throw that shit at me and I'll do it. I'm running very low on material to work on for the time being as half of my scripts are so far along that I find myself with little free time to come up with ideas on what to critique next. Hell, it doesn't even have to be something outright fabulous or terrible - the best stuff to look into are those which were average or good-but-flawed. I've considered doing some film and television reviews too, but the legal area there is even murkier than the gaming and musical realms of batshit insanity so we'll have to wait and see how these pan out first.

Your opinions matter, because you're all lovely :) Especially Podgie <3

EDIT: Unfortunately I can only do games up to the Playstation 2 since I'm currently without a working last-gen console (man, that feels weird to say in regards to the PS3 and 360) so I'm sorry, Keenan... no love for Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD :(

Damn. :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that saying "Last-gen" is weird when referring to the PS3/360. A friend and I had this conversation the other day actually.

As for things that you could review, the first thing that comes to my mind is one of my favorite PS2 games, Psi-Ops. It didn't really get that much hype and was quickly forgotten by most people, but I thought the game was awesome. Easily one of the games I had the most fun with on my PS2.

I'd also recommend Black, Incredible Hulk : Ultimate Destruction and just to be an ass, Shaq-Fu for the Sega Genesis. (Which I actually do own, and played quite often when I was little.) :lol:

I will throw tokens at your general direction if you can review Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast if I'm right) and it's sequel Jet Set Radio Future (original Xbox).

Psi-Ops is an interesting one, as is Black as I remember there being a fair bit of hype around it's release. JSR... kind of difficult to review since there's nothing particularly bad about it. I'll have to see if I can dig out my Dreamcast!

I always wanted a Dreamcast. I never got one, but I did borrow a friend's for a good portion of a summer. It was awesome.

I never did understand the Gameboy-like memory cards though. They always struck me as "Too much".

Another game you could do is Legend of LeGaia. One of my favorite games from when I was little. Good old PS1 JRPG goodness.

I'm kind of putting any RPGs off for now because they'd take so long to do effectively. I don't quite have 70 hours to spare right now, plus fuck knows how long to write everything up, get footage, edit it all etc.

Also, Shaq-Fu? Seriously Keenan? :lol: That's not even beating a dead horse; that's being a dead horse, eating it's flesh, stomping on it's head and then going to the stables to smash up it's house and rape it's family at this point

Also, Shaq-Fu? Seriously Keenan? :lol: That's not even beating a dead horse; that's being a dead horse, eating it's flesh, stomping on it's head and then going to the stables to smash up it's house and rape it's family at this point

I have Shaq-fu for the SNES, surprisingly it's not the worst game i've ever played

It's far from the worst. The unholy trinity for me consists of Superman 64, Bubsy 3D and Batman & Robin.

HAHAHAH SUPERMAN 64

I actually used to own that when my family had the 64 when I was a kid. What a game. The worst game in recent years that i've been burned by was "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct"

To be honest, I only bought the game so I could get the pre-order bonus which I don't remember so that speaks volumes on whether it was worth it or not. Fuck that game.

^See, I saw how bad that game would be the day it was announced, so I gladly passed on it. :lol:

^See, I saw how bad that game would be the day it was announced, so I gladly passed on it. :lol:

For like the first hour/hour and a half it was really fun!

... But then it just kinda plummeted. The potential of a fun prequel game is there... it's just not anywhere near that game.

ANYWAYS, Dave I want to hear your opinion on the perfectness that is Silent Hill 2

The first hour? Really? Flying through rings with shitty controls is fun? :lol:

I'd love to do one giving Silent Hill 2's massive and glorious testicles a good ol'e tongue-bath, but Yahtzee has said all there is to be said about how great Silent Hill 2 is.

The first hour? Really? Flying through rings with shitty controls is fun? :lol:

I'd love to do one giving Silent Hill 2's massive and glorious testicles a good ol'e tongue-bath, but Yahtzee has said all there is to be said about how great Silent Hill 2 is.

I was actually talking about the Walking Dead game!
There's no way I could even get an hour into Superman 64... fuck that

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, I gotcha. Fuck Superman 64, that's like... actually the worst game ever made. I'd sooner play Bubsy 3D from start to finish twice than play ten minutes of Superman 64.