Disapointing 2008 setlist

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Let me tell you, the setlist of the first leg of the tour is quite bad imo.

Nothing prior MM. Are they renegating their past ?!

They release the remaster of Hungry and Unholy and then don't play even one in the new tour?!

MM was the album that lauch the band and they keep playing the same songs when there are others from this album that are as good or even better.

Bands older than BS still play songs from their first albuns, so I don't undertand this decision of the band.

The band should read more this forum. They should read at leat the thread about the fans favs songs from each album: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/brainstorm/330555-my-brainstorm-top-5-songs-per-album.html

The band should read more this forum. They should read at leat the thread about the fans favs songs from each album: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/brainstorm/330555-my-brainstorm-top-5-songs-per-album.html

Sorry for the late response - haven't been very active in the past 12 months :erk:

Anyway... i would like it if they were active in this forum. That would also make it more active at all. Boards were band members are posting are more interesting for the fans. No need to spend hours a day, 20mins per week would be enough at the current post rate.

End of 2006 there was a vote for the "Christmas" show in Bochum.
It was the only gig (I've been to 4 so far) i got to hear my favorite songs.

I think the reason for preferring the new stuff could be that the band had greater success with the last 2 or 3 Albums and needs to satisfy those who only know this albums (for me, if i really like a band i need to get to know the old stuff too...). Just assuming...

Sorry for the late response - haven't been very active in the past 12 months :erk:

Anyway... i would like it if they were active in this forum. That would also make it more active at all. Boards were band members are posting are more interesting for the fans. No need to spend hours a day, 20mins per week would be enough at the current post rate.

End of 2006 there was a vote for the "Christmas" show in Bochum.
It was the only gig (I've been to 4 so far) i got to hear my favorite songs.

I think the reason for preferring the new stuff could be that the band had greater success with the last 2 or 3 Albums and needs to satisfy those who only know this albums (for me, if i really like a band i need to get to know the old stuff too...). Just assuming...

Hi Sj :)

You right. I can't believe a band such as BS has an almost dead forum. The band should come here and talk once and a while with the fans like you said, this would have more life and more exciting and also would spread the BS word to other ppl and would make bigger the BS fan base.

I think the idea to just play stuff from recent albums will only damage the band coz in this way they are negleting their fans that have been with band band since the begining. Look to Iron Maiden, they play new stuff but keep playing stuff from the early albums. Plus ending a show with new/recent songs is a really anti-climax in show, when ppl would be expecting to hear some classics/early stuff. Just my opinion.

I think the idea to just play stuff from recent albums will only damage the band coz in this way they are negleting their fans that have been with band band since the begining.

Damage is relative. I think i'll still keep listening to BS, even if they dont play old songs :) But nevertheless i would really love it if they would play more of the pre-soul-temptation-era.

Look to Iron Maiden, they play new stuff but keep playing stuff from the early albums. Plus ending a show with new/recent songs is a really anti-climax in show, when ppl would be expecting to hear some classics/early stuff. Just my opinion.

Yeah... what would a Judas Priest Gig be without Breaking the Law?

Every band that is in the business for a long time gets its all time classics they have to play to get out of a concert hall wihtout beeing killed by their fans :lol:

Someone told BS is reading the forum "invisible". Why not posting a "hello, yes we're here!"??