disappointing Opeth news......

rhavin2112

Lost to Apathy
Feb 26, 2002
Knoxville, TN
www.appropriateapocalypse.com
From what I have read Steven Wilson will not produce the new Opeth. They are in talks with Andy Sneap to mix and Frederick Norstrom to produce.....

of course this info came from Blabbermouth.net and some claim they are unreliable.........

your thoughts?

Originally posted by rhavin2112
From what I have read Steven Wilson will not produce the new Opeth. They are in talks with Andy Sneap to mix and Frederick Norstrom to produce.....

Andy Sneap has been great for giving albums a really crisp edge. Arch Enemy's Wages of Sin is a Nordstrom/Sneap production-mixer team and nobody better be saying that album has a bad sound...

I'm disappointed that Nordstrom is involved for the sole reason that Opeth really needs to shake things up, and be different from anything they've been before. It angered me to see people talking about the 'same old same old' Blackwater Park, and I didn't so much agree but I understood the viewpoint and Opeth shouldn't be in a position for such criticism to be accurate. So good that no Wilson, but hearing Opeth go down to Woodhouse or Los Angered or better yet Aabenraa with Jacob Hansen...

Andy Sneap might not be a bad move for Opeth at all. I think it might be time to move away from the comfort of Fredman Studios to try something new. Wasn't there talk of doing this one at Maestro, as they attempted to do Still Life until they had to move back to Fredman?

Maybe bring Sneap out to Maestro and cut out Nordstrom altogether. Fredrik kicks ass, I agree, but maybe the change-up is necessary, as you suggest, Jim.