New Opeth CD's news

loudsilence

Empty
Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque, New Mexico
OPETH To Begin Mixing In September - Aug. 20, 2002

The two full-length albums currently being recorded by Sweden's OPETH at Nacksving/Maestro Music studios with producer Fredrik Nordström are scheduled to be mixed during September — the "heavy" one under the watchful eye of Andy Sneap (i.e. MACHINE HEAD, SKINLAB, NEVERMORE) and the "mellow" one by PORCUPINE TREE frontman Steve Wilson.

As previously reported, the heavy CD — due worldwide on October 28th — will be typical OPETH with all its ingredients, including mellow parts, while the "mellow" CD — set for release in March 2003 — will contain more laid-back material.

Are you sure Steven Wilson will be producing? From the news posted above, I'm under the impression that SW is just mixing the album (which means his influence on the music won't be as great as on BWP where he helped produce).

F

I was also under the impression it would be a double-cd..

Is it going to be like the NIN singles before and after The Downward Spiral?

When you buy the first CD, it comes in a 2-cd digipak with the second half empty, then you go buy the 2nd half seperately and put it in the digipak. Tends to be more expensive, as if Swedish imports weren't already costly enough.. :p

...regardless, I'll be in line.

4 more days til the TOOL concert.....

Thank (insert your favourite deity here) they're releasing the heavier album first. :)

Thanks for posting the news! I don't dare venture near the wretched official home page these days. ;)

How can they record it this month, mix and master it the next, and have it available the month after that when some bands (more correctly, some labels) make you wait like 3 months after the thing's mastered and ready. Everyone should be so fast.

it's just two months away!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! man im so happy. one of the greatest news ive heard this time around.