Huge DVD update from blabbermouth

i made it... i have the 150x150 version of it...

lol

d1d2_avatar.jpg

We're still waiting for the US side to confirm the date. All we know at this point is that they are hoping to release the DVD in the USA this year, but it's going to be tight for them in regard to turning the production around for the US format, etc. to make a release date this side of the holidays. We'll see. Sorry not have more info yet.

Would another, "normal" Damnation-gig in the UK have been too much to ask, just so that UK fans could have got to see songs such as Face of Melinda and To Bid You Farewell live??

Lora @ MFN said:
We're still waiting for the US side to confirm the date. All we know at this point is that they are hoping to release the DVD in the USA this year, but it's going to be tight for them in regard to turning the production around for the US format, etc. to make a release date this side of the holidays. We'll see. Sorry not have more info yet.
I wonder why they release the DVD in region 0. The Dimmu Borgir DVD is one of those DVD that are region 0 and can play in any DVD player without a problem.

Now that you mention about the US release date, this is not looking good for the US residents...lets wait and hope...

I wonder if they make a Freeloader for PS2,or something similar that would allow me to watch other regions' DVDs on my PS2. I have one for my Gamecube and it allows me to play Japanese games on it without having to buy Japanese hardware. Very nice

Anti-Everything said:
I wonder if they make a Freeloader for PS2,or something similar that would allow me to watch other regions' DVDs on my PS2. I have one for my Gamecube and it allows me to play Japanese games on it without having to buy Japanese hardware. Very nice
Datel do a DVD region unlocker for PS2. I dunno if it's available in the States, but it might be worth looking at www.lik-sang.com to see if there are other US equivalent things. The UK one will probably work on a US PS2 though. Probably.

The dvd's release date is set! its going to be released 24th of november!
how did they produce it so quickly...? well i dont care, im so fucking glad its coming out!

THANK YOU OPETH!!!

Steingrim said:
Yeah, but the setlist is not good.
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Death Whispered A Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid The Disease
Ending Credits
Harvest
Weakness

Intermission

Master's Apprentices
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Leper Affinity
A Fair Judgment

The three latest albums are easily their worst ones, why couldn't you agree on these rights issues?
Tons of other bands have changed lablels during their carreers and they still have released live DVDs/CDs with materials from their whole career.
Big Fucking Deal, the setlist looks fantastic to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be grateful ;)

that's a pretty crappy selection admittedly. =/ I can't believe a band with Opeth's calibre are having to settle with such a limited scope of release. With the amount a live Opeth DVD would sell, MFN, Candlelight and Peaceville could have easily struck a fair and profitable deal. Pisses me off.....honestly, no pre-BWP material....that's just a crippling representation.

I'll buy it the day it comes out over here, but I hate only having five heavy songs. Damnation is good and all, but I would have been happy with only three or four of those songs. Hopefully, the rumored live cd will be better.

SculptedCold said:
that's a pretty crappy selection admittedly. =/ I can't believe a band with Opeth's calibre are having to settle with such a limited scope of release. With the amount a live Opeth DVD would sell, MFN, Candlelight and Peaceville could have easily struck a fair and profitable deal. Pisses me off.....honestly, no pre-BWP material....that's just a crippling representation.
well, I think that MFN simply wants to promote only their cds. They don't want that e.g. somebody buys Morningrise, because Advent is his favorite song on the DVD.