Huge DVD update from blabbermouth

Black_paragon

all moths must DIE
Jul 16, 2003
South West England
OPETH have spent the weekend supervising the pre-mix of the live tracks recorded on September 25 in London. "Deliverance" mixer and co-producer Andy Sneap will take care of the final mix. The as-yet-untitled DVD will contain both the mellow and heavy set with a running time of approximately an hour each, as well as a unique 65-minute documentary about the band with in-depth focus on the recording of "Deliverance" and "Damnation". It will also include excusive interviews with the band and producer. A two-CD live album will also be issued in the coming months.

The band are currently in between tours and are concentrating on the DVD as well as rehearsals for the upcoming Scandinavian tour starting on October 15 in Helsinki, Finland. The set list will consist of songs from OPETH's entire career.

South American dates have been confirmed for mid-November. The Australian tour will start in Adelaide on December 9 of December and will finish with three nights (December 13-15) at the Hi-Fi in Melbourne.

Great, I've been hoping that that documentary would get included for ages. That interests me more than the concerts (seeing MA live excepted).

A live album I'm not too excited about. They're nice, but eh. In my opinion, live/remix/cover/bestof albums just muddy up a catalog and make me spend more money I'd rather not (when it's a favorite band, I have to get them). But it's nice that they're doing it, anyway.

I agree about the remix/cover/bestof albums but IMO live albums kick ass, many songs sound different/better live, and many songs have more feelign to them... I can't fuckin' wait!! Will the live album contain parts from Opeth's entire career, or only BWP/D1/D2?

Jesus... those Opeth guys sure are busy these days... Three albums + dvd and a world tour in one year or so.

that's TOO awesome!
i've been waiting for a live DVD forever. and TWO HOURS of live performance!? *joygasm*
that AND interviews, and a documentary! i've died and gone to heaven!
plus a live album? *faints*

i will buy them both at the same time, and then i will be laughing like a maniac for years to come.

KevyCanavan said:
Yep
The new album won't be recorded until lt 2004. Hopefully without Steve Wilson.
I think thats really soon tough....

KevyCanavan said:
Yep

are you kidding? Steven Wilson is one of the best things that happened to Opeth! they were an awesome band before, but they couldn't achieve the vocal harmonies they have without him, or the slick production either. also, imagine Damnation WITHOUT mellotrons! it'd suck!

Opeth was a great band before Steven Wilson started producing their stuff, but they're a better band thanks to him.

KevyCanavan said:
Yep

wrong! Two weeks ago, Mikael said in Berlin they will record the upcoming album after the tour, which ends around mid 2004.
Sure, wounld'nt surprise me, if they take a longer break after this tour marathon, but i just know, what Mikael told in Berlin. :cool:

And Steve, i think Steve should help A BIT, the best mellow thing IMO is To Bid you Farewell, but Damnation was also great. I think a bit Steve and Peter shall write some stuff again, this would be perfekt! :hotjump: :loco: