Eve with Opeth - Details revealed:

I want some fucking death metal god damnit...

And this publishing bullshit is ridiculous.... It is Opeth who owns those songs, not a greedy record label...

I just tell myself that they'll turn off the cameras for an encore and play 2 or 3 old tracks. Now wouldn't that rock.

It'd also be nice if we could preorder the DVDs after the show too. Maybe a discount or goodies to boot :D.

I doubt it starts at 7. The doors open at 7 but it will probably start at 8. Then 1 hour set to 9, 10-20 mins rest, then an hour for set 2. That still leaves some time afterwards towards 11. Maybe an encore but they probably just said that it finishes at 11 so no-one books train tickets too early etc.

you have to remember, Mike is not a big fan of live releases anyway and he said the dvd thing is just a a label promotion. at least we're getting something at all. of course we'd all love a show encompassing the entire opeth catalogue, but fuck, at least it's something... besides it will be cool to have the damnation set on dvd since they are not going to play it any more after the damnation tour

Ffs I can´t beleive i´m reading this!. The first Opeth dvd will only consist of material from the last three albums,( Meaning all the good stuff is neglected) and people are happy about this?
Of course i´d rather they released this than nothing. But considering this is THE only Official live release by opeth, I can´t help feeling very dissapointed!

of course I'm happy that they wont include the older material.
the last 3 albums are much better and due to the similar mood and sound those albums have they can easily mix BWP an D songs. This must be the first good live Opeth set. Hearing Still Life songs next to MAYH songs next to Morningrise next to BWP is just yuck tasteless.

Redd, you must not have seen them live. On the BWP
tour they hit all of their CD's and each and every song
rocked. If you don't like the older stuff,that is cool.
But the songs they picked off of each CD sounded
so tits you would have forgotten that you didn't like
the song. Hell you might find that some of the older
stuff was some very well written tunes and those songs adapt well
to the live performances.
I am sure most of you have all the Bootleg videos that are
lurking about. I have 8 cds with all kinds of 'live' Opeth gigs.
I also have some vhs tapes with some more live shit on them.
I have yet to hear a 'bad' song played live by these guys.
A high quality DVD will be a blessing. Finally something that
matches the sound they had LIVE. Whilst the bootlegs are nice,
they really suck quality-wise.
Bring on the DVD. So, when and where do all us 'believers' pick
this morsel up?
mc