Opeth Re-Releasing several albums

Sean Casey

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2006
Don't know if this is old news or not..

"SONY.BMG is rereleasing several Opeth albums from the Music For Nations Catalogue including:

Deliverance
Damnation
Blackwater Park
Lamentations DVD (this one will be released 3rd July by all as parts didn't come in early enough for June release)"

They should re-re-release Orchid, Morningrise and especially MAYH so I could get the damn versions *without* the bonus tracks without having to pay 40 bucks for them on eBay.

affinityband said:
Whats wrong with that?

Nothing, that was the closest face to 'wtf?' Why would Sony be rereleasing these albums? Did they buy out MFN or something? Plus it's not like BMG deal with much metal- only the more commercial Korn/SOAD/Mudvayne type stuff.. as far as I'm aware.

CAIRATH said:
They should re-re-release Orchid, Morningrise and especially MAYH so I could get the damn versions *without* the bonus tracks without having to pay 40 bucks for them on eBay.

why would you not want the bonus tracks???

and I don't think they have the rights to rerelease the earlier albums because they were on a different label or something like that.

Sean Casey said:
why would you not want the bonus tracks???

and I don't think they have the rights to rerelease the earlier albums because they were on a different label or something like that.

Because some of the bonus tracks are terrible (Eternal Soul Torture) and others are decent but ruin the flow of the album (Circle of the Tyrant and Remember Tomorrow on MAYH). My Arms, Your Hearse is one of my single favourite albums ever and I think it's pretty stupid they put two cover songs at the end of a concept album.

If they really have to insist on including bonus tracks then atleast do what they did for the BWP special edition and throw them on a seperate disc.

CAIRATH said:
Because some of the bonus tracks are terrible (Eternal Soul Torture) and others are decent but ruin the flow of the album (Circle of the Tyrant and Remember Tomorrow on MAYH). My Arms, Your Hearse is one of my single favourite albums ever and I think it's pretty stupid they put two cover songs at the end of a concept album.

If they really have to insist on including bonus tracks then atleast do what they did for the BWP special edition and throw them on a seperate disc.

if you don't like the bonus tracks, then don't listen to them.

"OMFG IT HAS BONUS TRACKS, I GUESS I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM."

Maybe I like my albums to not be cluttered with stuff that doesn't fit on them? Like I said, to me MAYH is a beautiful and emotional album and it ends with Epilogue. So it should end there. And not suddenly go into two cover songs that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the album. Sorry if you can't understand that.

i got MAYH and Morningrise on cd 6-7 years ago, but i when got them on vinyl last year, i was really pissed off that the albums don't end when they are supposed to. and it is annoying to have to get and stop a record. i guess i wouldn't mind as much if if got the bonus tracks on cd, but i get really annoyed with them on the vinyl reissue. 'eternal soul torture' is rather torturous as it is.

CAIRATH said:

suckahhhh hehe, i've got the century black version which have no crappy bonus tracks. Aren't they still selling those? I guess it was a long time ago i got mine...

>:|

I don't think so. I looked a bunch of times and could never find any except on eBay where they usually go for 25-40 bucks. Which is less than I've paid for albums I care less about, but it just annoys me that I'd need to resort to that in the first place. Out of all the albums I own, MAYH is probably the least suitable album I can think of for putting bonus tracks on. Whoever made that decision is just not right in the head.

[EDIT]. Posting torrents of illegal iterations of Opeth's discography are about the dumbest thing you can do on their own forum. Have a month to think it over. Temp ban. -- Moonlapse