Opeth Re-Releasing several albums

CAIRATH said:
Maybe I like my albums to not be cluttered with stuff that doesn't fit on them? Like I said, to me MAYH is a beautiful and emotional album and it ends with Epilogue. So it should end there. And not suddenly go into two cover songs that have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the album. Sorry if you can't understand that.

well I don't know about you, but I have CD players with this cool little feature that I like to call "the pause button"

CAIRATH said:
Because some of the bonus tracks are terrible (Eternal Soul Torture) and others are decent but ruin the flow of the album (Circle of the Tyrant and Remember Tomorrow on MAYH). My Arms, Your Hearse is one of my single favourite albums ever and I think it's pretty stupid they put two cover songs at the end of a concept album.

If they really have to insist on including bonus tracks then atleast do what they did for the BWP special edition and throw them on a seperate disc.
The bonus tracks are at the end like you said. Just stop the cd after Epilouge dud. :loco:

I bought MAYH, Morningrise & Orchid Century Black's release all for about 60 aussie bucks off ebay. So every cd was 20 bucks which is actually cheaper than you would find in a normal store.

I dont like it that the albums have bonus tracks either, but thats why i just bought the originals as well.

I like bonus tracks, but if it's on one disc I like when it's done right.

Halford's Crucible album is an example of this. After the last track there's at least a half minute of silence, maybe a full minute before the bonus track.

And it sucks when they stick them on the vinyl releases. This is the case where I don't mind getting screwed by a record company and releasing all the bonus material on a seperate EP.

I have an Orchid, but I'm not sure what issue it is. It doesn't have the bonus track, and it's through century media.... the CD is blue..... hmm... My morningrise has the bonus track, yes I was pissed off about that too but you can't really avoid buying a CD you love just because it has a crappy demo song on the end. My MAYH doesn't have any bonus tracks, but I like the bonuses on that one so hmm dunno... I guess it's fine without them though. :) I have all the other ones with no bonus tracks and possibly first pressings. :)

^ the orchid you have is the original US version (i have this one too)
its far inferior to all other versions (it has extremely annoying hissing distortions throughout the whole album, most notable on forsest of october)

CAIRATH said:
They should re-re-release Orchid, Morningrise and especially MAYH so I could get the damn versions *without* the bonus tracks without having to pay 40 bucks for them on eBay.

that would be up to candlelight, not necesarily Opeth.

I'm Kinda surprised that Sony/BMG is re-releasing the MFN albums/dvd...seeing as it is because of them that Opeth went label-less. But hey, whatever makes money, thats what theyre doing it for.

i could have bought the originals, but ordered in the re-releases instead. Why not have the extra tracks if they are there?

Most CD players have a program function anyway that allows you to select which tracks and what order you want to listen to. Mine even remembers your programmed tracks for each cd. Whats the big deal?

If you are REALLY retarded and cant even manage that, burn a new CD without the bonus tracks on. Doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.

And to whoever posted the torrents up / moderator: Take them down. Opeth don't want their material being illegally distributed on their official forum.