Discovery Channel - Death Metal Music

I have a feeling they're going to use the Nightstalker murders in California and talk about Slayer even though they would be wrong.

can't wait for the off-the-wall "if metal didn't exist, neither would murder!" conclusion of the show

Oh boy, this looks like a another excuse to make metalheads look bad. Not only does metal get zero air time, but when they show it, it's about negativity and pessimism. The people who made the program need to get castrated, or something. Even if the show is good, it's still going to focus on murders instead of the music. WTF.

lol you read my mind. i saw this was gonna be on, and was gonna post about it :D

i reckon it's gonna be stupid. i'll watch tho. what the hell else do i have to do

i remember watching a show on discovery i think, about satanism, and satanic murders and they blabbed about slayer and stuff. it was kinda stereotypical. some people just don't get it

I am watching it now, has Deicide on it and some kids that were involved in some satanic ritual in Italy and were killed. The guys involved were in Death metal bands and part of a cult.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Oh boy, this looks like a another excuse to make metalheads look bad. Not only does metal get zero air time, but when they show it, it's about negativity and pessimism. The people who made the program need to get castrated, or something. Even if the show is good, it's still going to focus on murders instead of the music. WTF.

it doesnt take much for metalheads to look bad...

dirty, ugly, degenerate, drunken, stoner, anti-hygenic, narrow and with poor taste, and bafflingly arrogant given those previous attributes more often than not. a real shocker there.

edit: and i watched the show...it was ridiculous. fairly accurate, although one sided. they did make it out to be that all metalheads are satanists or whatever...except for that one scholar they interviewed who said thats a silly assumption and typically not the case.

NineFeetUnderground said:
edit: and i watched the show...it was ridiculous. fairly accurate, although one sided. they did make it out to be that all metalheads are satanists or whatever...except for that one scholar they interviewed who said thats a silly assumption and typically not the case.
Exactly. That's exactly what I thought it would be about (among a few other things). I never ended up watching the show, because I knew it would just be a stereotypical peice of turd.

Those "professors" need to stop wasting theirs and our time, and write a book or something. Not a book about metal though.

Btw, did they say anything about Jon Nodvelt

Why don't they just interview metal_wrath? That should be sufficient for all metalheads to look bad for the next decennium.