Dismember

Patric said:
Do you guys dig Psycroptic, Suffocation or Origin by any chance?

i dont know that much about psycroptic and origin, but the whole suffocation/incanation/ (newer) malevolent creation genre of death metal is some pretty bland boring annoying stuff, not many hooks at all that keep you interested. but then people might think im retarded for saying i like shit like DISINCARNATE. but, shit like PESTILENCE and GRAVE (into the grave), thats good death metal. dismember's still the best.

The Brave Words Festival is June 4-5. Dismember is playing on the 5th. It should be a good time even though I don't want to see any band other then Dismember. Dreams Of Damnation will be cool to see since I know them but Metal Church is terrible now I'm sure. If it was 1986-88 I would've loved to see them but not now. Check out the BWBK site here www.bravewords.com/6pack/

As for Suffocation. I used to like them. I don't like the new album much even though they did play really good when I seen them recently. They at least played the old stuff well. As for Origin and Psycroptic I don't care for them much. I prefer Immolation over those bands. I like Incatation and Malevolent Creaton still. Malevolent keeps the thrash vibe going that is why I love them. I really don't want those bands expirementing much. I like them the way they are. I love Disnincarnate and Grave as well. Also, I will put Pesilence "Comsuming Impules" up against damn near anything still. What and incredible album that is. The first one is killer too! So yeah, there it is in a nut shell and then some.....

We got some old schoolers here, that's cool. About the entire brutal and technical side of death metal well man, it's what I love but still in all, I gotta agree that the scene is FLOODED with bands that have no originality or even talent (apart frm the two I mentioned and a handful of other bands) so I guess it really is time for some fresh blood. Oh and I'd be glad if it wasn't melodic or Swedish ;)