New Dismember

Sacred Reich >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Entombed

Here take this, you crack addicts:

Wolverine Blues > Clandestine

:D :D :D

:D I like them both, but Wolverine Blues gets the slight edge since it's one of the first "death" albums I ever got. I remember back in '94 that was the album that was supposed to take death metal into the mainstream. That happened alright. :Smug:

Yay for 'gugs!

I thought Wolverine Blues was crap. Carcass did the whole death n' roll thing way better.

Man, I love Asphyx. THey are my favorite old school death metal band. All of their stuff holds some merit, even the "lost" Asphyx album, where the band played under the name Soulburn.

no, like Bolt Thrower, they rely on a tried and true formula (except with a few different vocalists). The last album was more straight forward, which just made it faster and more brutal.

Cool, since I think I'm accepting a job tomorrow, I might celebrate by adding another Asphyx disc to my shopping list. I figure heck, even you strike gold every once in awhile :)

Like with The Chasm.

I used to like "Clandestine" more but over the years I've grown to favorize "Left Hand Path." Why doesn't anyone mention Grave or Unleashed? Also, yeh, Asphyx is on the to-buy list. Basically Swedish DM, only from the Netherlands.

Clandestine is great, it really is, but Left Hand Path was just a monumental release. Very few albums had such a jaw dropping reaction from me when they came out as LHP. So the term 'better' is hard for me to quantify because they are both probably equal, but LHP is easily my favorite.

bloodfiredeath said:
I try mention Grave and Unleashed as often as possible. Two of the greatest death metal bands ever.
GRAVE GRAVE GRAVE UNLEASHED UNLEASHED UNLEASHED. Anyway, saw at TER that Grave has released a 6 PicLP-box with all albums + lots of bonus stuff, similar to Unleashed's... Only Grave's contains more even quality albums :Smug: Might be something to pick up.

I've heard some Grave stuff, but it didn't do much for me. Sandstrom's vocals are much better in The Project Hate than they were in Grave. His vocals in TPH are some of the best growls I've ever heard. Brutal, angry, excellent.

Never heard Unleashed.

Grave's 1st album rules; beyond that? Not so sure...

Unleashed also had some killer stuff in 90-91, but then turned into teh sux0r machine. They were ripping out viking death metal riffs long before it was a sub-sub-sub-genre, btw.