Dismember

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to know if there are any fans here? I just got the new double disc dvd and it is amazing!!!!!

For me this is one of the most under rated death metal bands ever... They have a unique guitar sound unlike alot of bands.

Plus I think this band has some of the most great melodic guitar solo's without over shredding it like alot of the necrophagist/decrepit birth/que vadis clones coming out... no disrespect to those bands as I am also a fan too.

Absolutely classic band that have their signature sound, yet have managed to add enough wrinkles and evolution over time to remain fresh. I'm looking forward to picking up the new DVD, but these guys seriously need a US tour.

Is the live disc you've got the one recorded at their Party San Open Air 2008 Performance in Bad Berka Germany? I was at that show! Dismember are like a freight train live!! That was an awesome show. It also included Behemoth, Obituary, Bloodbath (2nd show ever), and the mighty Bolt Thrower!!! :worship:

Yeah, I love Dismember! They are one of those first bands responsible for the Swedish Death Metal movement, and yet I feel that they still hit harder than just about every band they helped spawn!

I love Dismember. Are they really underrated? I normally hear most people say good things about them.
People say good things about them, but how often do you really hear them get discussed, even in more death metal-friendly forums? There are a lot of lesser bands that get a lot more attention, it seems like Dismember just keeps putting out great material without a lot of fanfare.

i have all discography of this band.. they're superb underground death metal. didn't hear about new dvd tho, i will look into it thanks.

Not a huge fan of death metal but thought these guys were great when I saw them at the BWBK 6 Pack weekend in 2004 when they played alongside Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Doro and Metal Church.

Pretty much.

ditto! Saw 'em at BWBK II, awesome set, I have most of their discs, their last album (S/T '08) slayed!, as does most of their catalog. Part of the great Swedish death triumvirate - Dismember, Unleashed, and Grave!