CONSCIENCE- Incredible New Prog From France!!!!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
I just found a band who will definitely stir up alot of talk amongst the Prog community! Check these guys out; passion filled vocals, melodic, great use of piano/keys and just very refreshing.

I spoke with one of tha band memebrs and they actually opened for Nightwish in France and got a huge positive reaction. Their disc Half-Sick of Shadows even comes with a bonus DVD (I believe). Check out the sound and video clips; you will not be dissapointed. The crowd appears to be going nuts for these guys!

http://www.cyberconscience.com/en/news.html

Very impressive to these ears to say the least. What do you guys think? I now have 2 favorite bands from France... Superior and Conscience!

Yeah I ordered it. We'll see. I think it may end up sounding a little bit like Cynic & Spiral Architect.

King_of_Loss said:
I thought Superior was from Germany.

My mistake; don't know what I was thinking, but regardless, Conscience is fuckin amazing! I should have a hold of the full album soon and will post my thoughts at that time. For now, check out the samples on theri site, including the video samples which are incredible.

Well, i have received the album from the band which is encased in a beautiful digipack with a bonus DVD that is amazing! This band has similar qualities to their fellow countrymates Vanden Plas.

You guys really need to give this band a listen as they are quite impressive and have released an incredible debut album!

J-Dubya 777 said:
Bah! They put on a lackluster set at PP. I'm with Boob on this one.....

J-Dubya
I love Adagio, I love the new cd. That said, I kinda agree with the above. Was good, but I'm sure they can do better.

Thanks for the tip on Conscience. Placing an order now.

As for bands from France, I gotta add Penumbra.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Bah! They put on a lackluster set at PP. I'm with Boob on this one.....

J-Dubya

Given the situation (Gus being in the band for only 10 days by then), they did an awesome job.

And I liked the set, although I would have changed maybe 2 songs on it.