Dissection (Canada)

valgalder

Sep 19, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Not to be confused with the Swedish Dissection, this one is from Canada...anybody hear these 80's thrashers? I found their record at the station while doing my radio show last saturday. Pretty cool stuff from 88. I forget the title of the LP, but it has a pretty grusome cover that reminded me of a cartoon version of a cannibal corpse cover. Sounded pretty heavy for that time. I couldnt' find much information about them on the internet.

valgalder said:
Not to be confused with the Swedish Dissection, this one is from Canada...anybody hear these 80's thrashers? I found their record at the station while doing my radio show last saturday. Pretty cool stuff from 88. I forget the title of the LP, but it has a pretty grusome cover that reminded me of a cartoon version of a cannibal corpse cover. Sounded pretty heavy for that time. I couldnt' find much information about them on the internet.

They are from the Quebec City area. They were first called OUTBREAK and had some sort of fascination with the III Reich. One of their demo, the 2nd was titled "Metal Reich" and had a giant squid with a german helmet on it. You know, the type with the the pointy spike at the top. The first demo was titled "Iron Guard". They changed their name to DISSECTION when they got the deal with Fringe. If I remember correctly, the album title is "The Final Genocide" or something like that. The back cover group picture was taken in some back alley of the upper town of Quebec City. Ah, I found it:
http://www.metalprovider.com/trackview.phtml?albumid=6499
http://www.metallian.com/dissectiona.htm

"Finale Genocide" was released in 1988. If memory serves me right, the music was not bad although a bit iffy and the lyrics were rather goofy. I need to check if I still have this on tape. I have seen the demos, or at least one of them, in Quebec City some months ago. OUTBREAK was more straightforward metal than DISSECTION. The latter was more speed/thrash.

Apparently they released a demo in 1991 but I never heard it.

Sylvain