Invading Canada

dorian gray said:
2 hours and 18 minutes of conversation?
i literally LOL'd at this.

the South Park movie was brilliant on so many levels. i'm actually surprised that Trey Parker and Matt Stone haven't been tarred and feathered because of that and Team America, accept the fact that the most guilty of idiot Americans don't fucking get the joke. DUH. seriously, i've talked to people that think Team America: World Police is a rallying cry for W.orshipers. ugh.

edit: i'm bad at grammEr and spelink today.

frenchies like to laugh at our french accent.. that's the only explanation you need to know. It's been like that forever... they should get over with it...

edit: you could compare that to the american accent vs british accent contest. Makes no sense at all

dorian gray said:
like rwanda?

Well... Rwanda was first a German colony then passed under Belgian administration after WWII, so I don't reckon it's fully a French-speaking African country.

For instance you have Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Senegal... and of course the Maghreb countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia.

AsModEe said:
frenchies like to laugh at our french accent.. that's the only explanation you need to know. It's been like that forever... they should get over with it...

We can't! The best laughs are iterative in time. When for instance a singer from Quebec is invited to a French show, it's a reflex to turn the TV on just to piss your pants at the accent. It's not even mean, it's just natural.

Ellestin said:
We can't! The best laughs are iterative in time. When for instance a singer from Quebec is invited to a French show, it's a reflex to turn the TV on just to piss your pants at the accent. It's not even mean, it's just natural.
so you're just disrespectful?:Smug:

lizard said:
I think it seems to be a thing where the "parent" culture has this condescending attitude toward it's "children"...not saying, for instance, that all Brits view Canadians/Americans/Australians as provincial dolts, but just watch monty python and you get the idea.

"G'day, Bruce!!"

I was watching some British motoring show, Australia and the US were refered to as "colonials" more times then i care to remember. Stupid Pommy wankers

okay, Canada, bring it on, bitches!! :lol:

For the first time since 1817, U.S. Coast Guard vessels on the Great Lakes are being outfitted with weapons - machine-guns capable of firing 600 bullets a minute.
The Rush-Bagot Treaty of 1817 allowed each country to station four vessels, each equipped with an 18-pound cannon, to safeguard the Great Lakes. The antiquated treaty has recently been reinterpreted because of U.S. concerns about customs violations, human smuggling and international terrorism.
Each vessel is now equipped with a 7.62-mm machine-gun, a light military gun that is the same calibre as a deer rifle but capable of shooting 600 bullets per minute.
Under the reinterpretation, which both sides say honours the spirit of the original treaty, vessels may be outfitted with machine-guns of sizes up to .50-calibre. That would be big enough to bring down a helicopter and shoot through a light-armoured vehicle.