The "I Love Canada" Thread

It's cool, actually French-Canadians are alright in the bigger cities. Montréal is probably my favourite city, that and Vancouver. They are must sees.....also there is some of the most breathtaking scenery in the west coast.

Yeah I plan on staying in the BC area. But then again I don't know yet. All I know is I get 2 weeks vacation this year and I might just go crazy style and drive all the way to Newfoundland.

On a random Canada-related note: HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE just got confirmed to play the Northern Lights Festival 2005 here in Toronto!! Fuck yea!

It sounds like fun. I've missed it the past 2 years, despite the fact that it's in my very city! I think the organizers are setting up cheap hotel accomodations for travellers. It'd be nice to see some of you HoM fans there :p

Woods of Ypres put on a very good show the one time I saw them, but that was a completely different lineup (except Dave) and it was when the "Pursuit of the Sun..." songs were just beginning to take form, I think.

Demilich said:
On a random Canada-related note: HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE just got confirmed to play the Northern Lights Festival 2005 here in Toronto!! Fuck yea!
Where did you hear that? HoM and WoY on the same bill is going to rule muchly. Lilitu are cool too.

Not sure about the others on the roster. Are more bands expected to be added?

That roster interests me on a level somewhere between "who gives a fuck" and "I don't give a shit."

JK: http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=56248&

I dunno about more bands, there were originally supposed to be 7 total. Now there are 11. Honestly, I don't give a fuck for most of the bands, but Impaled Nazarene will probably be fun, and WoY + HoM = :) Augury are very talented but I don't really like what they do. Proscriptor can ram a bagpipe up his ass ;) The other ones I can't even remember and I saw them 5 seconds ago.

Demilich said:
JK: http://www.bravewords.com/braveboard/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=56248&

I dunno about more bands, there were originally supposed to be 7 total. Now there are 11. Honestly, I don't give a fuck for most of the bands, but Impaled Nazarene will probably be fun, and WoY + HoM = :) Augury are very talented but I don't really like what they do. Proscriptor can ram a bagpipe up his ass ;) The other ones I can't even remember and I saw them 5 seconds ago.
Who is The Chaos Algorithm on that board? He has a Lethal avatar! :tickled:

By the way, I hear good things about Usurper.

Going from Melechesh headlining in '04 to Impaled Nazarene is a massive step down IMO (as far as headline acts go).

pity I didn't know who Melechesh was last year :)

the guy with the Lethal avatar is clearly someone from UM, he always rips off topics from the GMD and various other boards. I never bothered asking. Could he be that "Allure of the earth" guy? I know not.

youre right, jay, Usurper look like cool guys. their last album has a song called "Kill for Metal" :)

if Slough Feg ends up getting added to this festival somehow, i'm gonna fucking cry... then go to it and get fuckin hammered and headbang til my neck no longer works