Dissection!!!

Hey, man, piece of advice: start a "Recommend me songs from these bands" thread, and list the bands you want song recommendations for. That way you don't have to start 5+ threads asking for recommendations from different bands.

As for recommendations:

Night's Blood
Unhallowed
Thorns of Crimson Death
Retribution - Storm of The Light's Bane
Black Horizons
The Somberlain
A Land Forlorn
Heaven's Damnation
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere

Perdition's Light said:
Hey, man, piece of advice: start a "Recommend me songs from these bands" thread, and list the bands you want song recommendations for. That way you don't have to start 5+ threads asking for recommendations from different bands.

As for recommendations:

Night's Blood
Unhallowed
Thorns of Crimson Death
Black Horizons
The Somberlain
A Land Forlorn
Heaven's Damnation
Where The Dead Angels Lie is a good one too.

MasterOLightning said:
I don't think Storm of the Light's Bane is that great, but I suppose Night's Blood is the best track there.
You're one funny motherfucker! And why don't you put the actual Emperor E on your avatar instead of that idiotic crackhead scribble?

Perdition's Light said:

As for recommendations:

Night's Blood
Unhallowed
Thorns of Crimson Death
Black Horizons
The Somberlain
A Land Forlorn
Heaven's Damnation

ill back this up with my PHD
actually i have no college but im planning on it soon.

I'd say Live Legacy is a great way to get a feel of a set of Dissection 'greatest hits', and it has most of the tracks that have been mentioned so far, as well as the added atmosphere created by the live concert.

It's the only Dissection material I own so far, but it is definitely worth checking out for a good selection of their best songs.

MasterOLightning said:
I'm sure it was a good album in its day, but it's just tired sounding to me.
Don't worry, it's alwasy been that tired sounding.

Original poster- listen to "The Nocturnal Silence" and "Far Away From the Sun" instead.

Cynical said:
Don't worry, it's alwasy been that tired sounding.

Original poster- listen to "The Nocturnal Silence" and "Far Away From the Sun" instead.

Love that Sacramentum album, but to say it's better than either Dissection album is just trying to be different for different's sake.