DISSERTATION: AMP SIMS VS. REAL AMPS

the surveys now closed with 100 responses. I know ive said it a lot already but just a genuine huge thanks to everyone. and yeh ill chuck the results up no problem

Surveymonkey wants me to pay to share the responses... good luck with that. I'll have to do it manually.

Would you say your expertise as a producer lies in metal?
Yes - 81. No - 19.

For recording guitars, would you record using real amps or amp sims? (E.g. Podfarm, Guitar Rig)
Real Amps - 58. Amp Sims - 41. (one person skipped this)

Do you think the improvement of amp sims will eventually render real amps obsolete in metal production?
Yes - 38. No - 62.

Would you agree that using amp sims reduces both time and money compared to recording with real amps?
Yes - 89. No - 11.

Would you agree that there are too many variables to consider when recording with real amps? (mic direction, distance, angle, etc.)
Yes - 46. No - 53.

Do you believe the number of modern metal producers using amp sims instead of live amps is on the uprise?
Yes - 80. No - 20.

Some people believe the majority of a guitar tone is down to the musician's skill and capability and that what they play through doesn't make a huge difference. Would you agree?
Yes - 51. No - 49.

Other people believe that amp sims are useful for quick demos but real amps should be used for professional sounding metal records. Would you agree?
Yes - 62. No - 38.

the second last question was the toughest to answer with a simple yes or no

Yer lookin back now, probably shoulda given more option for explanation. tbth i jus wanted to keep it quick and simple just so people would actually do it cos i know surveys are just effort in general to do so i wanted to guarantee results really