Distortion Reccomendations?

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
Yes, I'm going to make a serious post. I believe I'm allowed one every few months. The rest of the time it's sodomy, inbreeding, and topics involving putting things in your butt. And let's not forget the Christian, handi-capped, and quadrapalegic bashing as well.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to record about 6 songs with a vocalist.
It's a strange breed of music. Metal, Funk, Proggy stuff with clean and at times almost operatic vocals. I think I'm going to dub it "Zacanini Metal"

It's going to be glorious. So I need some quality distortion here. Along the lines of Grave Digger, Kamelot So basically clean, clear, and a bit on the bass-heavy side. All the songs are in standard, with the exception of on in (Eb)

This is my first recording with me doing the guitar parts (I'm primarily a bassist) so I want to make sure my tone will be in order. I'll be focusing on the playing enough, so I don't want any bullshit on the technical end. I'm basically asking for a good pedal here. I don't want to spend too much, so let me know.

Zac

Zac said:
Yes, I'm going to make a serious post. I believe I'm allowed one every few months. The rest of the time it's sodomy, inbreeding, and topics involving putting things in your butt. And let's not forget the Christian, handi-capped, and quadrapalegic bashing as well.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to record about 6 songs with a vocalist.
It's a strange breed of music. Metal, Funk, Proggy stuff with clean and at times almost operatic vocals. I think I'm going to dub it "Zacanini Metal"

It's going to be glorious. So I need some quality distortion here. Along the lines of Grave Digger, Kamelot So basically clean, clear, and a bit on the bass-heavy side. All the songs are in standard, with the exception of on in (Eb)

This is my first recording with me doing the guitar parts (I'm primarily a bassist) so I want to make sure my tone will be in order. I'll be focusing on the playing enough, so I don't want any bullshit on the technical end. I'm basically asking for a good pedal here. I don't want to spend too much, so let me know.

Zac
Hey Zac,
it's about time for a serious post, I was begining to think that living in the hills had made want to sqeal like a pig Ahahaha. Anyway, of course the PB will get that sound and do it best but if you are just looking for a pedal to distort you amp I recomend a pedal called Cold Fusion. I don't know the maker but it sounds great as a boost for an amp with a little distortion.

See ya Chris.

Are you playing straight through the pedal to the recording device or do you have an amp? I haven't heard any pedals that sound as good as a tube amp for distortion. I had a metal zone pedal a few years ago, but I wouldn't recommend that. I use an ibanez tubescreamer now on top of my amp's distortion for leads, which was an upgrade over the boss overdrive I was using before, but you still couldn't use either one alone without an amp.

The best device I've used for amp-less situations is the line 6 POD. I know a few bands that have done their demo recordings with it as well and it actually sounds pretty good.

metalgtr84 said:
Are you playing straight through the pedal to the recording device or do you have an amp? I haven't heard any pedals that sound as good as a tube amp for distortion. I had a metal zone pedal a few years ago, but I wouldn't recommend that. I use an ibanez tubescreamer now on top of my amp's distortion for leads, which was an upgrade over the boss overdrive I was using before, but you still couldn't use either one alone without an amp.

The best device I've used for amp-less situations is the line 6 POD. I know a few bands that have done their demo recordings with it as well and it actually sounds pretty good.
Pretty much everything I was going to say.