Distribution

We've got two of the big ones out of the way with Century Media and The End..

What would REALLY be nice is if we could get our stuff in with a worldwide/nationally marketed distro like Lumberjack, Caroline, SPV, etc., so Oak Knoll stuff can be carried in stores alot easier.. (or even special ordered). Anyone know how to do that?

Eric had an idea through cd baby which gets us into Tower - they wanted alot of dough.. 35 per release.. 8 cds into it.. 28$ per release if i do 8 or more.. something like that. i can post the details later.
who has contacts or info about these other distributors?

I tried to contact Displeased, Season of Mist, Masterpiece and others before but they didn't give any response. :confused: Maybe we can try again or find some distros in different countries like France, Benelux and Asian countries like Japan, Korea... You know Japan is a big market. :yuk: :D

A worldwide marketed distros that Withersoul said sounds good too.

I don't know much about this. Lumberjack and Very Distro are names I've heard a lot. But I don't know what you're supposed to do to contact them.

i'm not sure cd baby would be very reputable for a label of this caliber... to me...cd baby is used by unsigned bands more than anything...

I'm going to bug my friend today about his contact for Lumberjack distro..

I threw this at Bill(Withersoul) and I thought I would pitch this to the label as a whole.
A few friends of mine run a label in Georgia, http://www.deathgasm.com.
They have been around for years, and in my experience, they have done excellent work, including a recent merger with United Gutteral. Anyway, Long story short, their roster is filled with great grind and death(Daath, Avulsion, Avenger, Thorazine,), and they are always into trading (plus they distribute at nearly every fest on the eastcoast in person). On top of all of that, their replication business on the side is the cheapest, and best quality I have ever seen. They even do Vinyls and picture discs. I know Bill emailed them, but I wanted to also let you know of the other more production related aspects of working with them. I will definitely throw some more at you if you are interested.

Withersoul said:
We've got two of the big ones out of the way with Century Media and The End..

What would REALLY be nice is if we could get our stuff in with a worldwide/nationally marketed distro like Lumberjack, Caroline, SPV, etc., so Oak Knoll stuff can be carried in stores alot easier.. (or even special ordered). Anyone know how to do that?

perhapse we could work something out with screaming ferrets distro, and maybe through oceans distro/label?

dan of bereavement said:
perhapse we could work something out with screaming ferrets distro, and maybe through oceans distro/label?

Do they deal with worldwide distribution? I think we need a worldwide distributor like SPV, Caroline or others. But I don't know what a label should do to distribute its products through these companies.

There are 11 distros listed on the web-site but some OK releases rarely or can't be found in some of them. Beside all of these things, I think "pyshical" distribution is the most effective way. (Yeah, at the same time the most expensive :confused: ) And the procedure is not clear.

they deal with spv, nevar and other world wide distros, that's why i mentioned them. the handle nuclear assault and accept in europe.

physical distro, like trades and merch tables? that is a lot of work/time and money, which none of us have really lol.

we need the product out in stores, plain and simple. i think a nice step forward would be for jeremy to email tim at sf, and also to call RED....jeremy, did you use that info i sent you?

dan of bereavement said:
physical distro, like trades and merch tables? that is a lot of work/time and money, which none of us have really lol.

I mean, for example when I go to a big music store here I can see the products of Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Peaceville and others because their releases are distributed physcially to lots of music stores by a professional distribution channel. It seems "plain and simple" but it's not so easy.

yeah i see, that's what i am saying too. we need that type of distro for sure. me and jeremy are going to do some whoring on friday to local stores!

maybe we can get some stuff into bullmoose music and newbury comics
we'll see!