District 97 - Weird chick fronted prog rock

I doubt they are selling well. If so they would not need to pack on so many openers. I think these types of emails are to scare people on the fence to get you to buy your tickets in advance.

I agree. I was just merely saying what the email said and in case there was anyone on the fence who may go now due to no service fees. Then again, maybe the other shows are doing well.

Also, FYI to anyone else who is attending the Chicago or one of the other shows, I just received an email from Enterthevault that says due to the shows almost selling out, that they are axing all service fees to ensure sellouts.

There's no way this show is selling out.

I know most clubs in the city have to be done at 10 PM on weekdays. This is what worries me. I know Metro and HOB both stop at 10 PM on the dot for all ages shows at 10. The Vic theater does to. I just dont want a 50 minute Gamma Ray set.

Wtf 10 pm?? This is really worrying me now. :mad:
I've already bought my flight ticket (Atlanta to Chicago) just for this show.
I don't want a 50 min set either unless they play Somewhere Out In Space front to back.

Wtf 10 pm?? This is really worrying me now. :mad:
I've already bought my flight ticket (Atlanta to Chicago) just for this show.
I don't want a 50 min set either unless they play Somewhere Out In Space front to back.

Wow, I hope for your sake their set doesn't get cut short.
As I had previously stated, the promoters for this show both don't know and don't care that this is a rather exclusive event. It's just one of many shows which they book each week at various venues in Chi-town.

If I recall, Paul Di'Anno last year ended around 11ish, I think.

Wow, I hope for your sake their set doesn't get cut short.
As I had previously stated, the promoters for this show both don't know and don't care that this is a rather exclusive event. It's just one of many shows which they book each week at various venues in Chi-town.

If I recall, Paul Di'Anno last year ended around 11ish, I think.

DiAnno wasnt all ages though so it could go longer.

Part of an email from a friend that is going to the Chicago show after she called Reggies:

"They said the show is allowed to continue until 11, so there shouldn't be a problem with show time"

So there you go.

The only thing that bothers me is why you wouldn't want to meet and chat with us in person. Honestly, meeting forum people at gigs has made going to many shows over the past 10 years or so a lot more enjoyable.

Not everyone cares nor wants to meet anonymous dudes in person based on their internet persona. AKA, not everyone is a DORK like YOU! hahahhaha, kidding.

To be honest, there are a scant few people on this board I would ever care about meeting in person, but I would not mind treating Jasonabolik to a beer.

Not everyone cares nor wants to meet anonymous dudes in person based on their internet persona. AKA, not everyone is a DORK like YOU! hahahhaha, kidding.

To be honest, there are a scant few people on this board I would ever care about meeting in person, but I would not mind treating Jasonabolik to a beer.

because of this forum and a few others it has made meeting new people that go to shows much easier and more fun to hang out. It is funny...there are people who I have fought with and one person who literally wanted to fist fight me but when we got to the show we ended up being pretty good friends. Most peoples online personalities asides for Jason are completly different and everyone is usually really nice. Almost every show I go to now I know someone from this forum pretty much or another from ultimatemetal. I dont see why people are so scared to meet up.

Speaking of that, you gonna be at Gamma Ray in NY right? :lol:

Ha!
Yes, I would most certainly drink a brew or two with ANYONE on this forum.

Yeah ,I totally get that not everyone who chats on line cares to meet folks from here in person, and that's totally cool.

As Bob said, the majority of people we hang out with at shows these days are forum members. Thanks to forums, there is usually at least a couple people you know will be at most shows you go to.

Anyone else realize that 22 of the last 29 posts are from the Chicago Posse?

hijack.gif